Riot has officially confirmed Olaf’s mini-rework for League of Legends. The rework is currently on the PBE server for testing.
Riot has done some great mini-rework in season 12, bringing Ahri and Janna back on top for both solo queue and pro play. Although the Janna rework was a little bit more successful than necessary, bringing her to a 54% win rate for quite some time. The next in line to get mini-reworks are Olaf, Taliyah, and Swain.
Riot just shipped the Olaf mid-scope update to the PBE. This rework should help him scale better into the late game and use the juggernaut items effectively. But it’s not all rays of sunshine as it will be harder for Olaf to escape by just using his ultimate. Also, his early clear speed has taken a slight hit with a reworked Q.
Riot August has confirmed that Olaf and Swain’s mini-reworks are on the PBE. However, the most exciting thing about the rework looks to be unlimited Olaf ultimate. Yes, Olaf can now keep his ultimate up continuously as long as he stays alive and fighting.
Olaf Mini Rework
- Attack Damage: 68 (+3.5/level), 127.5 at level 18 >>> 68 (+4.7/level), 148 at level 18
- Health: 575 (+100/level), 2275 at level 18 >>> 575 (+105/level), 2360 at level 18
- Mana: 316 (+42/level), 1030 at level 18 >>> 316 (+60/level), 1336 at level 18
Passive – Berserker Rage
- Calculation reworked to grant max effectiveness at or below 30% health
- Maximum Attack Speed granted: 99% >>> 40-100% (levels 1-18)
- [NEW] Now gives up to 12-35% life steal (levels 1-18), based on Olaf’s missing health
Q – Undertow
- [NEW] Shreds 25/27.5/30/32.5/35% armor for 4 seconds on champion hit
- Damage: 80/125/170/215/260 >>> 60/110/160/210/260
- Minimum Range :: Approximately 300 >>> 425
- Mana Cost: 60 at all ranks >>> 40/45/50/55/60
- Cooldown: 7 seconds >>> 8 seconds
- Cooldown refund on axe pickup: 4.5 seconds >>> 5 seconds
W – Vicious Strikes [Reworked]
- (ability may be renamed)
- [NEW] Resets Olaf’s basic attack
- [NEW] Olaf gains 70/115/160/205/250 (+25% of Olaf’s missing health) as a shield for 2.5 seconds
- [REMOVED] No longer grants Life Steal
- [REMOVED] No longer amplifies Olaf’s healing based on missing health
- Attack Speed: 50/60/70/80/90% for 6 seconds >>> 40/50/60/70/80% for 4 seconds
- Cooldown: 16 seconds at all ranks>>> 16/14.5/13/11.5/10 seconds
R – Ragnarok
- [NEW] Hitting a champion with a basic attack or E – Reckless Swing extends the duration of Ragnarok to 2.5 seconds. Olaf can refresh Ragnarok indefinitely.
- Duration: 6 seconds >>> 3 seconds
- [REMOVED] R – Ragnarok’s passive’s bonus resistances are no longer lost for the duration of the cast
Release Date for Olaf’s Mini-Rework
Olaf’s mini-rework is scheduled to go live on League of Legends patch 12.9 on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.