Do you want to play in your platform lobbies instead of crossplay lobbies? Here’s how to turn off crossplay in Modern Warfare 2.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019) was the first CoD title to introduce crossplay. Crossplay has become a staple in the gaming industry since Fortnite brought it into the limelight. It allows players from all platforms to play in the same lobby, increasing the game’s total player base.
Similarly, Modern Warfare 2 is also no exception. The game has strong crossplay compatibility that allows players from all platforms to play together without any problems. However, some players might want to play in their lobbies. So this guide will provide you with a step-by-step walkthrough on how to disable crossplay in Modern Warfare 2.
Read More: Modern Warfare 2: How to Fix Custom Loadout Locked Error
How to Turn off Cosplay in Modern Warfare 2
Crossplay can easily be turned off from in-game settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide to turning off crossplay in Modern Warfare 2:
- Head over to the in-game “Settings” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Account & Network” tab.
- Then click on the disable prompt beside “Crossplay” to turn off crossplay.
- Select the “General” settings.
- Now “Online Safety and Family”
- Then select “Privacy and Online Safety.”
- Open “Xbox Privacy”
- Click on the “View Details and Customise” prompt.
- Then select the “Communication and Multiplayer” prompt
- Head over to the “You Can Join Cross-Network Play” section and switch it to “Block.”
Currently, disabling crossplay is not available for Battle.net and Steam. Infinity Ward has not released any statement about when PC players can disable crossplay and play in their dedicated lobbies. However, it seems unlikely, as switching off crossplay will increase queue times and make finding matches harder.
Read More: Modern Warfare 2: How to Fix Crashing Issues on PS/Xbox