Here is everything you need to know about every character class and their unique abilities in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga.
Developed by Traveller’s Tales, the latest LEGO Star Wars game features both story and characters from all nine films in The Skywalker Saga. With that being said, the game features over 400 characters, with more to be released down the line through future DLCs.
Each of these characters belongs to 10 different character classes, with each class having a different set of abilities. In this guide, we will go over all 10 classes in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga and the abilities each class offers that set them apart from one another.
List of Character Classes
- 10. Extras
- 9. Protocol Droid
- 8. Astromech Droid
- 7. Dark Side
- 6. Villain
- 5. Bounty Hunter
- 4. Scoundrel
- 3. Scavenger
- 2. Hero
- 1. Jedi
List of Character Classes
Here are all the 10 character classes in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga with their respective abilities.
Starting off with the Extras, these are characters that don’t belong to any particular class. They don’t have any unique abilities but rather have shared abilities known as Core Upgrades that can be unlocked for characters of all other classes. Players will find characters such as Anakin Skywalker (Episode I), Queen Amidala, Jubnuk, Mama the Hutt, Jabba the Hutt, and more under this class.
Extras Abilities (Core Upgrades)
- Fast Build – allows players to assemble build-its by hand much faster
- Collectable Detector – Mini-kits, Ships, and other collectables in the area are highlighted with an on-screen marker
- Ranged Weapon Power – Increase the attack power and damage dealt by ranged attacks and blasters
- Melee Attack Power – Increase the attack power and damage dealt by lightsabers and melee attacks
- Counter Cash – Successful Combat Counters will reward players with Studs
- Extra Health I, II, III – One additional health bar is added by each upgrade
- Health Recovery Speed – Automatic health recovery kicks in faster and its speed is boosted
- Speedy Sprint – Sprinting speed is increased when exploring the open Galaxy
- Ship Enhancements – Ships will now have increased attack power
- Attract Studs – Allows Studs to be collected from a greater distance
9. Protocol Droid
Although this Droid class doesn’t get as much love as their Astromech counterparts, C-3PO is worth investing in for many fans. Plus, there are other characters like TC-14, E-3PO, K-3PO, H1-NT, and more, you can play as. The Protocol Droid class can unlock doors, control alarms, turrets, as well as other droids by accessing Protocol Terminals.
Protocol Droid Abilities
- Polished Plating – Enemy bolts have a 50% chance of being deflected
- Turret Tune-up – Bolts shot from Protocol Terminal Turrets will ricochet off of surfaces, increasing their chance of hitting nearby enemies
- Destructive Disassembly – Disassembling releases a shockwave that inflicts damage on nearby enemies
- Paid Translator – Earns bonus Studs by translating alien languages
8. Astromech Droid
From BB-8 to R2-D2, as well as other Droids such as K3-R1, G8-R3, R2-R9, R5-M2, and more, can be found under this character class. They are ideal for stealth missions, as they can pass through enemy guards without arising suspicion. Moreover, they can also hack into devices with their Astromech Sockets to unlock new areas and items.
Astromech Droid Abilities
- Astromech socket expert – Allows Astromechs to bypass the Astromech Socket interactions by holding A, or earn bonus studs upon completion
- Distraction – Allows players to distract nearby enemies for a short period of time by projecting a Hologram
- Super-charged – A shockwave is added to your Stun Prod attacks, dealing more damage to nearby enemies
- Droid barge – Players can slide when moving toward enemies and deal damage
7. Dark Side
The Dark Side has characters such as Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Rey (Sith), Anakin Skywalker, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, and more. Unlike the Jedi, Dark Side characters represent the dark side of the Force. With that being said, these characters can use the Force to solve puzzles, move or throw objects, and create new paths.
Moreover, they can play Mind Tricks on other characters to Influence and Distract them or cause them to Panic, just like the Jedi class. Furthermore, they’re also extremely proficient in using the lightsaber and can use their lightsabers to cut along the edges of various surfaces to use as grip, parry, deflect incoming projectiles, and also perform ranged attacks by throwing their lightsabers at the enemy.
Dark Side Abilities
- Fear the Dark Side – Increases the chance of enemies and civilians running away from Fear from an even further distance
- Power Push – Force Push will knock down enemies and objects over a wider AoE
- Force Crush – Enemies grabbed by the Force will incur damage repeatedly
- Dark Rise – Force Lift will receive a boost in its power and capabilities
Although it may seem like a straightforward category, it hosts characters such as the Empire, Stormtrooper Luke, Captain Phasma, General Hux, Sith Trooper, soldiers of the Confederacy for Independent Systems, First Order Rose Tico, and more.
As Villains, they can interact with items and terminals that are exclusively accessible to villain characters. Moreover, they can also acquire powerful special weapons by unlocking special Weapon Drop Crates. However, they have limited ammo. Lastly, they can also throw grenades at opponents.
- Demolitions Expert – Increases the blast radius of your grenades, dealing damage over a large AoE
- Defense Droid – Allows players to bring back up into the battle using a training remote
- Villain Terminal Expert – Allows Villains to bypass the Villain Terminal interactions by holding X, or earn bonus studs upon completion
- Extra Ammo – Increases the ammo of the weapons found in the Weapon Drop Crate
5. Bounty Hunter
The Bounty Hunters are a reliable class, especially when it comes to tracking down someone across the galaxy. Just like Scoundrels, they too can get their hands dirty to get the job done by whatever means necessary. Although they can grapple to hard-to-reach places like the Hero Class, that’s about all they have in common.
That’s because the Bounty Hunter and Hero class are often seen butting heads. Moreover, they can also use rapid blaster fire to open gold chests and loot the treasures inside. You’ll find Bobba Fett, Leia in Boushh Disguise, Aurra Sing, Bossk, and other exciting characters in the Bounty Hunter lineup.
Bounty Hunter Abilities
- Hidden Bounties – Defeating enemies earns Studs, with each defeated enemy dropping 250 studs
- Enemy Detector – This allows you to detect enemy presence through walls and other surfaces
- Shock Grenade – Players can throw a shock grenade that disables energy shields and stuns opponents
- Scattershot – Allows players to shoot multiple bolts from their weapon at once across a wide AoE
The Star Wars universe is full of scoundrels, and although mischievous, not all are bad people. This character class includes iconic characters like Han Solo, Chewbacca, DJ, Pondo Baba, Wandering Wookie, and more. They are master smugglers and Opportunists who rely on their sharp wit and cunningness.
- Business Opportunist – Allows players to purchase Rumors and Hints at a discounted Stud price in the Holoprojector
- Combat Slide – This allows players to perform a combat slide while running which knocks down and damages enemies and objects
- Charged Shot – Hold RT and release to launch powerful charged shots that deal 25% more damage than regular shots and ricochet off of objects
- Piercing Rounds – Allows your ranged attacks to pierce through the enemy’s cover and inflict damage
The Scavenger class excels at making the most out of their surroundings. You’ll find characters like Rey, Chief Chirpa, Teedo, Wicket, and more in this class. This newly introduced class in LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga might be the most fascinating of them all.
That’s because they come equipped with multiple scavenger tools such as the Net Climber, Glider, and Breaker Blaster. In addition, the Net climber allows players to launch nets on certain structures to help them climb up previously inaccessible areas.
The Glider, on the other hand, allows players to glide down from tall structures without taking fall damage and also cover large distances with ease. Lastly, the Breaker Blaster allows players to blast down cracked Lego walls to open new areas.
- Expert Climber – This allows you to climb faster by increasing your climbing speed by 40%
- Advanced Gliding – Increases Gliding speed
- Better Breaker Blaster – Increases the AOE of explosion and damage dealt
- Crafty – This ability allows you to change the color scheme of your scavenger tools
This class has the biggest lineup of characters compared to any of the other classes. Starting from Leia, Admiral Ackbar, Finn, Padme, Poe Dameron to Jar Jar Binks, you’ll find all sorts of characters in the Hero class.
This class excels at accessibility. Players can get to hard-to-reach Climb Bars with the help of the Grapple Blasters that comes equipped with this class. Moreover, they can also use the Grapple Blaster to unlock containers or areas that can only be accessed by pulling on special Grapple Hooks.
But that’s not all. The Hero class has the unique ability to disguise themselves by wearing armors dropped by defeated enemies. This allows them to get past guards and also interact with items and objects exclusively accessible to Villains. Lastly, Hero characters can access the Hero Terminal to get special rewards and unlock special areas.
- Hero Terminal Expert – Allows Hero to bypass Hero Terminal interactions by holding Square or X, or earn bonus studs upon completion
- Rebel Heart – Increases the rate of Recovery Heart dropped by defeated enemies
- Armoured Disguise – Defense is boosted for armor pieces equipped by Hero, reducing damage intake
- Improved Shield Generator – Ships piloted by Hero get a shield boost
To name a few, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Luke Skywalker, Rey, Kit Fisto, and all your favorite Jedis are included in this class. These characters can use the Force to solve puzzles, move objects, and can even play Mind Tricks on other characters to Influence and Distract them or cause them to Panic.
Moreover, they also handle their lightsabers like a pro, giving you extensive maneuverability. When playing as a Jedi character, players can use their lightsabers to cut along the edges of various surfaces to use as grip, parry, deflect incoming projectiles, and also perform ranged attacks by throwing their lightsabers at the enemy.
- Force Flinger – Increases the damage dealt from projectiles thrown at the enemy using the Force.
- Mind Master – Increases the range or area of effect of Mind Tricks such as Panic and Distract.
- Trick time – Increases the duration of the effect of Mind Tricks such as Panic and Distract.
- Jedi reflexes – Combat counters become more powerful when successful, causing nearby enemies to take damage as well.