One of the biggest patches of League of Legends: Wild Rift, Patch 2.2 is going to feature the new position preference, five new champions, new tank items, ARAM, and more.
At the start of the year, Riot Games shared some of their goals and plans for League of Legends: Wild Rift. Similar to League of Legends PC, Riot Games is also bringing in regular updates for the champions and items in Wild Rift while adding new champions to the roster every patch.
Now, in the latest dev diary, Riot Games has officially revealed the biggest patch of the year and what can players expect.
League of Legends: Wild Rift Patch 2.2 will be released on March 30, 2021. And Here’s everything you need to know about the update. (Thanks to Reddit user u/LostVengeance for compiling all the information from the dev diary)
- League of Legends: Wild Rift announces that they will launch their open beta in the America Servers in a few days.
- America servers will recieve an exclusive event called Wild Welcome to help players catch up to other servers. Players will receive champion selectors and other goods in this event.
- America servers will also recieve an event called Rift Rewards similar to EU servers, where they will be able to link their Riot account to recieve goods based on their time on League of Legends PC.
- Support has been added for Arabic. Some UI features have been added to support right-to-left reading.
Here are all the new Champions for patch 2.2:
- Galio (Mid/Support : Tank)
- Rammus (Jungle : Tank)
- Kha’Zix (Jungle : Assassin)
- Rengar (Jungle : Assassin)
- Renekton (Baron Lane : Fighter/Tank)
- Item icons have been updated to be consistent with the icons in League PC.
- Frozen Heart, Force of Nature, and Sunfire Aegis tank items have been added.
- Sapphire Crystal will now feature a charge passive similar to Tear of the Goddess, allowing the item to be a starter item for some champions. Sheen now no longer grants mana but its component item Sapphire Crystal has been removed.
- Hextech Gunblade is assumed to be still in the game after it was removed in League PC based on the existence of its component item, Hextech Revolver, in the item menu. No other item in the game currently builds out of Hextech Revolver.
- Ghost now has reduced top speed, but its total duration has been increased. Takedown on enemy champions now extends the total duration of the summoner spell.
- Mark/Dash will be added to the new ARAM game mode.
- Increased auto-attack windup duration at higher levels of attack speed. This nerfs marksmen that would have been able to flawlessly kite or chase enemy champions in the late game.
- Champions that rely on high attack speed may be buffed to compensate for this change.
- Added pings for Enemy Missing, Group, and Enemy has Vision.
Controls and Settings
- Dead Zones are now customizable – this is the maximum distance you need to swipe your finger in order to activate manual controls.
- Username display is now customizable – players will be able to switch the username above the health bar with the name of the champion or remove it completely.
- Better clarity for when neutral objectives spawn on the minimap.
- A short test will be launched for All-Random All-Mid (ARAM) game mode for all servers. The map will be in the new Howling Abyss map composed of a single lane. This game mode is confirmed to be much faster than the current Wild Rift map.
- A random champion will be given for each player, but players will be able to reroll to get a new random champion. When rerolling for a new champion, your old champion will be added to the “bench” and other players will be able to swap with it. You may also swap with other players too.
- Like in League PC, completing games grants progress to earn a reroll, and having more champions in your pool increases the amount of progress you gain to earn a reroll.
- ARAM-exclusive adjustments similar to League PC will be added at a later date.
Position Preference Test
- There will be a short test that will allow players to choose which position they prefer the most in Ranked. This will be in a separate queue to ranked and will not affect your LP, marks, or rankings. After the test, it will be added to Ranked at a later date.
- Like with League PC, this significantly increases your chance of playing your preferred position but does not guarantee it as it will severely increase queue times. If the player does not manually set their preferred position, the game will attempt to adjust based on your recent ranked match history.
- This test won’t be available for the Americas as they will need to focus on server stability as the servers are new.
Masters of the Hunt
- This event features the Rengar and Kha’Zix rivalry.
- A new gameplay system similar to The Hunt Is On! in League PC called Nemesis Duel specific for this event that triggers in-game, where players will be able to duel each other as Rengar and Kha’Zix
- The Wild Pass will be available for purchase later in the patch. The duration of the pass is confirmed to be at least 120 days or more based on the preview, equal to at least 1 major patch in the development cycle of the game.
- This battle pass will be similar to other battle pass systems where players can earn experience by playing the game and completing missions. Players who do not purchase the Wild Pass will still be able to earn experience and rewards such as Blue Motes and Poro Coins. However, you will need to buy the pass to claim the premium rewards at a later date.
- Players will also be able to purchase the Wild Pass Elite, confirmed to be 400 WC more than the base battle pass. This grants players 5 additional levels and additional missions to complete to help speed up progress.
- Reaching Level 50 grants an exclusive skin to the battle pass. The first exclusive skin for the battle pass is confirmed to be Hexplorer Jax. After completing Level 50, players will also be able to gain more levels. New rewards are confirmed every 3 levels after Level 50 up to Level 65.