VALORANT Error Code 62 is a common problem that players face while starting up the game. In this article, we will be discussing what Error Code 62 is and how to fix it.
VALORANT started its journey as a 5v5 tactical shooter game in June 2020. Since the release of the game, players from all around the globe have been experiencing many errors, glitches, and crashes with VALORANT. However, it is not uncommon for an online video game like VALORANT.
When VALORANT encounters a problem, it displays an error code so you can figure out what’s wrong and why your game isn’t working. Every Error Code has a numeric value ranging from 0 to 152, and each of the codes has a different connotation and reason behind the cause of the issue that you are facing.
One of the common error codes is Error Code 62. Many of you might have faced Error Code 62 without even knowing what it is, what it does, and how to fix it. So, in this article, we will be diving into detail about VALORANT Error code 62.
What is VALORANT Error Code 62?
VALORANT Error Code 62 is one of the more common errors you can encounter in VALORANT. It occurs mostly when you are just starting up the game.
Error Code 62 refers to NoGamepodsToPingFailure. To be more precise, it occurs mostly when there is something wrong with your network, and the VALORANT client faces difficulty connecting to the servers.
How to Fix (A complete step-by-step guide)
In most cases, restarting the VALORANT client will solve Error Code 62. However, if the problem still continues, this step-by-step guide will help you get rid of Error Code 62.
- Close VALORANT.
- Close the Riot client.
- Open task manager (Ctrl+shift+Esc)
- Click “More details.”
- From there, check if VALORANT or the Riot client is still running.
- If they are, simply select them and hit “End Task.” (Make sure not to close Vanguard)
- Now restart the client and log into the game.
If the issue doesn’t fix after following the above measures, this step-by-step guide will help you to get rid of this problem.
- Close all the Valorant-related processes and services from the task manager.
- Check your internet connection for stable connectivity.
- Restart your internet modem and router.
- Check VALORANT Service Status page to make sure if any server or game maintenance is going on or not.
- Restart your computer.
- Run VALORANT as administrator mode.
If you follow these steps carefully, your problem regarding Error Code 62 should be resolved. However, if your problem isn’t resolved after following all these steps, you can create a ticket from VALORANT Support page.
Read More: How to Fix VALORANT Error Code 61