Critical System Error is a common problem in VALORANT that players face in the middle of the game. This article will discuss why it occurs and how you can easily fix it.
VALORANT is a First-Person Tactical Shooter game released by the popular developer Riot Games. As VALORANT is an online title, it is prone to bugs, errors, and crashes. Whenever players face any problem with VALORANT, the game displays messages containing error codes or crash reports.
Similar to error codes, the game is also not immune to frequent crashes. Critical System Error is one of those crashes that happens to many due to some unknown reasons. It is pretty frustrating to experience as it can happen in the middle of a game.
Read More: How to Change Shotgun Crosshair in VALORANT
What is Critical System Error
Unlike the Error Codes, Riot Games hasn’t given any proper solution to fixing this problem. However, experts think it occurs due to conflicts between Riot Vanguard and other third-party applications such as MSI Afterburner, Rivatuner, and more.
Vanguard runs on your PC’s kernel level. Although Vanguard is a great anti-cheat program, it is not free from flaws. So, issues like this occur with so many players. Recently, the problem has reduced significantly. However, it is still present and makes VALORANT unenjoyable to many players.
How to Fix (A Complete Step-by-step Guide)
As mentioned earlier, if you face VALORANT’s Critical System Error, it is most likely because your Vanguard anti-cheat is conflicting with one or more third-party applications installed on your computer. There is no guaranteed solution to this problem by Riot Games. However, there are some workarounds that you may try to eliminate the Critical System Error.
Here’s a complete step-by-step guide:
Fix no. 1 (Delete VALORANT Saved Files)
1. Go to Task Manager (Ctrl+alt+del > click Task Manager)
2. Close VALORANT or any Riot-associated application from Processes
3. Press Win+R to open Run and type “%localappdata%” and press Enter
4. Open VALORANT> Saved folder and delete everything inside it
Fix no. 2 (Setting vgc to automatic)
1. Type Services in Windows Search and press enter
2. Find vgc under the services list
3. Right-click on vgc and click on properties. A new dialogue box will pop up
4. Click on Startup type dropdown menu and select Automatic, and click on the Start button. Press OK
5. Restart your computer
Fix no. 3 (Reinstall Riot Vanguard)
If none of the fixes above work. This is the last workaround.
1. Go to Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall a program
2. Search Riot Vanguard
3. Uninstall Riot Vanguard
4. Open VALORANT as an administrator
5. Riot Vanguard will reinstall and the game will ask you to restart your computer
6. Restart your computer and open VALORANT as an administrator once again
Read More: VALORANT: How To Make Agents Talk During Matches
There are a number of reasons why the Critical System Error may occur. So, it is not guaranteed that this guide will indeed work as Riot hasn’t given any proper solution. However, these three are the common solutions that work in most cases. So, try these fixes, and hopefully, you will be able to enjoy VALORANT without further issues.