Genshin Impact has won the award for the best ongoing game at the Golden Joysticks.
Genshin Impact is an Open World Action-Adventure game developed by Chinese company Mihoyo. It is mostly a f2p game with a gacha monetization system. Genshin Impact players can spend real-life money to wish for their favorite characters and weapons. Since its release, it has been massively popular among gamers of all genres.
Apple awarded Genshin as the “iPhone Game of the Year” in 2020 and the “Apple Design Awards for Visuals and Graphics” in 2021. Google Playstore also announced Genshin Impact as “Best Game of 2020”. The Game Awards 2020 nominated Genshin Impact for the “Best RPG” and “Best Mobile Game”. So, Genshin Impact already has a lot of awards under its belt for its gameplay, visuals, and graphics.
But Genshin Impact once again got an award at the 2022 Golden Joysticks and players are hyped because they will get free Primogems.
Genshin Impact Wins Best Ongoing Game Award:
The Golden Joysticks final votes are in and some of the best games of 2022 won the awards. Elden Ring won 5 awards while the other 16 were picked up by different games. One of them is Genshin Impact. According to the votes submitted, Genshin Impact won the the Still Playing Award.
With this good news Genshin players can expect to get some free Primogems from HoYoverse as is the custom.
Here are all the other winners from the Golden Joysticks-
- Best Storytelling(opens in new tab) – Horizon Forbidden West
- Still Playing Award(opens in new tab) – Genshin Impact
- Best Visual Design(opens in new tab) – Elden Ring
- Studio of the Year(opens in new tab) – FromSoftware
- Best Game Expansion(opens in new tab) – Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course
- Best Early Access Launch(opens in new tab) – Slime Rancher 2
- Best Indie Game (opens in new tab)- Cult of the Lamb
- Best Multiplayer Game(opens in new tab) – Elden Ring
- Best Audio(opens in new tab) – Metal: Hellsinger
- Best Game Trailer (opens in new tab)- Goat Simulator 3 Announcement Trailer
- Best Game Community(opens in new tab) – Final Fantasy 14
- Best Gaming Hardware(opens in new tab) – Steam Deck
- Breakthrough Award(opens in new tab) – Vampire Survivors
- Critics’ Choice Award(opens in new tab) – Elden Ring
- Best Performer(opens in new tab) – Manon Gage (Marissa Marcel, Immortality)
- Nintendo Game of the Year(opens in new tab) – Pokemon Legends Arceus
- PC Game of the Year(opens in new tab) – Return to Monkey Island
- PlayStation Game of the Year(opens in new tab) – Stray
- Xbox Game of the Year(opens in new tab) – Grounded
- Most Wanted Game (opens in new tab)- Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
- Ultimate Game of the Year(opens in new tab) – Elden Ring