Genshin Impact v2.5 official patch notes are now available.
Genshin Impact v2.5 Update is coming out in a few days. It will bring lots of new content for the player base to enjoy. The new 5* Electro character Yae Miko banner is coming out in the first phase of v2.5, followed by the Raiden and Kokomi double rerun banner.
We will also have new events, story quests, world quests, new enemies, Spiral Abyss lineup change, and many more things. The preinstallation feature for the Genshin v2.5 update is already live. Genshin players eager for the v2.5 update to release have already completed the preinstall and are eagerly waiting for v2.5’s official release.
Mihoyo recently released a detailed Genshin Impact v2.5 update patch notes. The patch notes discuss in full all the upcoming features of v2.5. Below, you will find the detailed patch notes providing valuable info like Update schedule, how to update game client, compensation details, update details, adjustments & optimizations, etc.
Genshin Impact v.2.5 Full Patch Notes:
Update maintenance begins 2022/02/16 06:00 (UTC+8) and is estimated to take 5 hours.
〓How to Update Game Client〓
PC: Close the game, open the Genshin Impact Launcher, and click Update.
iOS: Open the App Store and tap Update.
Android: Open the game and follow the directions on-screen.
PS5™ and PS4™: Highlight Genshin Impact from the PS4 Home Screen, press the OPTIONS button and select “Check for Update.”
Maintenance Compensation: Primogems ×300
(60 Primogems for every hour the servers are down. No change to compensation amount if the update is completed early.)
〓Scope of Compensation〓
Maintenance Compensation: Travelers who reach Adventure Rank 5 or above before 2022/02/16 06:00 (UTC+8).
Please claim before the end of Version 2.5.
Our developers will distribute compensation to Travelers via in-game mail within 5 hours after the update maintenance is finished. The mail will expire after 30 days, so don’t forget to claim the attached compensation in time.
I. New Character
5-Star Character “Astute Amusement” Yae Miko (Electro)
Lady Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine also serves as the editor-in-chief of Yae Publishing House. Unexpected intelligence and cunning are hidden under her beautiful appearance.
II. New Equipment
Kagura’s Verity (5-Star Catalyst)
Oathsworn Eye (4-Star Catalyst)
III. New Events
“Three Realms Gateway Offering” event: Take part and obtain the event-exclusive weapon “Oathsworn Eye” (Catalyst)
During the event, explore the darkness-covered Enkanomiya, using Light Realm Sigils to upgrade your Bokuso Box. Upgrade your Bokuso Box to a certain level to obtain Oathsworn Eye (Catalyst) and its refinement materials, and rewards such as Crown of Insight. Complete the Event exploration quests to obtain Primogems, Weapon Ascension Materials, and more.
2022/02/17 10:00 until the end of Version 2.5
Reach Adventure Rank 30 or above
Complete the Archon Quest: “Chapter II: Act II – Stillness, the Sublimation of Shadow”
And complete the World Quest “Erebos’ Secret”
IV. New Main Story
1. New Story Quests
Raiden Shogun’s Story Quest “Imperatrix Umbrosa Chapter: Act II – Transient Dreams”
Yae Miko’s Story Quest “Divina Vulpes Chapter: Act I – The Great Narukami Offering”
V. New Enemies
“Magatsu Mitake Narukami no Mikoto”
This is the form that the puppet that inherited the Raiden Shogun’s authority takes when she is opposing those who threaten Eternity.
Shadowy Husk: Standard Bearer, Shadowy Husk: Line Breaker, and Shadowy Husk: Defender
An enigmatic warrior of darkness.
VI. Other Additions
1. New Recipes: “Sangayaki,” “Udon Noodles,” and “Fukuuchi Udon.”
2. New Namecards: “Celebration: Binge Vessel,” “Yae Miko: Kitsune Dreaming,” and “Travel Notes: Awakening.”
3. New Achievements added to the “Wonders of the World” category.
4. New Furnishings: “Leisure Device: On the Pulse” and “Sub-Space Cabochon: In Soaring Flight.”
5. New Living Being: Coral Butterfly, which can be caught during the “Three Realms Gateway Offering” event. (In subsequent Versions, they can be redeemed through the Teapot Traveling Salesman. Please pay attention to subsequent Version details.)
6. “Wanderer’s Advice” is newly added to the weekly redeemable items in the Realm Depot.
7. “Dynamic Range” and “Output Settings” newly added in Settings > Audio.
8. Newly added icon hints to the Artifacts filtering interface.
9. Adds the feature of adding Weapons at once to the Destruction System.
10. Adds some prompts for loading screens.
11. Spiral Abyss:
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
• All characters in the party gain a 60% Electro DMG Bonus.
• All party members gain 30% Healing Bonus.
Floor 12 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
• For this floor only, the ley line flow will be normal.
Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.5, the two Lunar Phases will be as follows:
When opponents take Electro-Charged DMG, their Electro RES decreases by 10% for 10s. Max 4 stacks. Each stack’s duration is independent. Each enemy can receive this effect once every 1.2s.
When the active character’s Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, Plunging Attacks, Elemental Skills, and Elemental Bursts hit an opponent affected by Electro, a shockwave is created at that opponent’s position, dealing True DMG. A shockwave may be produced in this manner every 2s.
※ There will be no change to the reset times of the Spiral Abyss and Blessing of the Abyssal Moon. These remain the first and sixteenth days of each month, respectively. The above Spiral Abyss update will take effect from March 1 at 04:00 (Server Time).
10. To improve account security, some Travelers who have not logged in for a long time and are using iOS devices will need to re-verify their devices.