If you are looking for a quick fix to the Matchmaking Not Working error in Destiny 2, you have come to the right place. Here we will talk about what this error means and how you can easily fix it.
Destiny 2 is an action MMO with a single evolving world that you and your friends can join anytime, anywhere, absolutely free. Dive into Destiny 2 to explore the solar system’s mysteries and experience responsive first-person shooter combat. Unlock powerful elemental abilities and collect unique gear to customize your Guardian’s look and playstyle.
Although the Destiny 2 game is free to play, with the release of new DLCs, Bungie always tries to retain its player base. Unfortunately, new updates also introduce many unwanted bugs and glitches. With season 18, some new bugs also surfaced, and players are suffering a lot from these. The Matchmaking Not Working error is one of the most recent of them.
This list was updated Based on Season of the Plunder (Season 18).
Read More: Destiny 2: How to Increase Your Gambit Infamy Rank in 2022
Why does the Matchmaking Not Working Error Occur?
There might be several reasons why matchmaking error occurs. Any one of the listed reasons might cause this error:
- Players can’t join while Matchmaking in PvE.
- While launching the game after an update, you might see this notification “Destiny 2 Version Is Not Available.”
- The screen shows Connecting, but the players can’t connect with the game.
- Destiny 2 freezes and runs out of audio.
- The game fails to sign in.
- Destiny 2 Matchmaking is not working.
How to Fix the Matchmaking Not Working error?
If you see Destiny 2 Matchmaking is not working or any of the above errors, you can troubleshoot your problem by following these steps:
- Close Destiny 2 and try to Restart the game.
- Restart your Destiny 2 Platform. For Example, if you are playing on Pc Via steam, Restart your steam.
- Log out From your Platform and Log back again to check if there’s any available update pending.
- Update the game’s latest version and check if the game server is up and running.
- Check for a stable internet connection. A wired connection is preferable compared to a wireless connection like Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot. A poor internet connection can cause many launching and in-game issues to the game.
- Restart your Wi-Fi router or reset it if possible. (Note: You should only reset your router if you already know how to setup it first).
- Install the latest network driver on your device.
- If these steps don’t work, try re-installing your game, or a fresh windows reset may also help.
Read More: Destiny 2: All the Ability Cooldowns And Super Tiers in 2022
You can follow these steps to solve the Matchmaking not Working error. Hopefully, this guide was helpful, and you have learned something new. You can also check out our other guides to help you take your Destiny 2 journey to the next level. Good luck out there, Guardians.