Respawn has finally given us a glimpse into what kind of meta-shifting character changes they have in store for players in the upcoming season 10 of Apex Legends.
Similar to every other season in Apex, Respawn has announced major buffs and nerfs to some legends that will definitely have a massive impact on the character meta moving forward. Let’s get started with Caustic. In season 10, Caustic is getting a massive buff similar to what he got in season 7. And that will definitely affect how passive players will play the game.
The second legend that will receive some changes is Revenant as he is currently dominating in the current meta. Following the most recent patch, a squad with Revenant became too frustrating to counter as he would just pop his ultimate ability from a distance, and using other legends with mobility would cause havoc on the battlefield.
In order to decrease the frequency of third parties, Respawn decided to nerf Revenant in season 10. Furthermore, Horizon received some much-needed love as her nerf back in season 8 made her less viable since her crazy movement prowess was crippled. And lastly, Fuse is also getting buffs as he is still considered weak in the current meta.
Apex Season 10 Character Buffs and Nerfs
- Gas damage starts at 5, increases by 1 every other tick indefinitely.
- Cooldown on Tactical has been reduced 25s -> 20s.
- Ultimate cooldown has been reduced 3.5m -> 3m. Duration reduced from 20s -> 15s.
Caustic definitely reached his peak back in season 7 as the buff that he received in that season made him a monster in close-quarter encounters. The buff was so substantial that it made players think twice before pushing a squad with Caustic in narrow pathways. And with this new buff that will increase the damage every other second while in his gas, expect scarry Caustic campers to return in season 10.
- There’s now a visual and audio cue when Death Totem protection is about to end which can be seen/heard by other players.
- Added a brief slow after being recalled to Death Totem.
Revenant is currently enjoying his dominance in the current legend meta as his ultimate and tactical ability is tailor made for executing a perfect thirdparty. Hopefully, that will slightly change with the nerfs that Respawn has planned out for him in season 10.
- Reduced the slow after the initial Black Hole pull.
- Bumped Horizon gravity lift-up speed to a happy medium between 9.1 and Legacy update launch values.
While it may not seem like a total revert from a stats perspective for Horizon, her felxible movement in the air might bring back her past self from season 7 when she was at the top of the food chain in Apex Legends.
- Enemies caught inside the ring of fire from Fuse’s Motherlode ultimate are now revealed to Fuse’s team.
- Knuckle Cluster Tactical explosion duration increased by 100%.
- Grenadier Passive can be toggled on and off to throw ordnance normally.
Fuse’s Knuckle Cluster will last twice as long, allowing him to deny areas for longer.
Enemies caught in The Motherlode will be highlighted (even if they’re in a building or behind a wall), making it easier for Fuse and his allies to plan their follow-up attack.
Even though Fuse’s kit on paper seemed really powerful on release back in season 8, players soon discovered some flaws with his kit and decided that he wasn’t actually that viable. With all the buffs Respawn has revealed so far with his tactical duration, he might finally see some time in the limelight.
Arenas Related Ability Adjustments
- Horizon’s Gravity Lift starting charges reduced from 2 to 1
- Mirage’s Psyche Out starting charges reduced from 3 to 2
- Bloodhound’s free scans while in Beast of the Hunt reduced from 3 to 2