Everything you need to know to acquire the rare Brute Scales in LEGO Fortnite.
LEGO Fortnite is a co-op survival game and has mechanics and worlds separate from the Save The World and Battle Royal game modes. It includes crafting, building, and fighting monsters in the same vein as games such as Minecraft and Terraria.
Read More: How You Can Plant Seeds in LEGO Fortnite
Brute Scales are some of the best valuable items for progression in LEGO Fortnite. You’ll need them to upgrade your crafting bench from Rare to Epic, allowing you to build. Furthermore, they can also use them to craft charms that give you stat boosts.
To acquire these Brute Scales you’ll have to defeat tough enemies known as Brutes. In addition to their large health, they also deal a lot of damage. Therefore, you should have upgraded gear and hearts before taking them on.
This guide focuses on Brute Scales, how and where to get them, and how to best defeat Brutes.
Finding Brutes in LEGO Fortnite
LEGO Fortnite has three types of Brutes: Brutes, Sand Brutes, Frost Brutes. These Brutes roam the different biomes in your world as shown in the table below:
|Where to Find
|Standard Brutes can be found in the Shores Biome.
|Sand Brutes can be found in the Dry Valley Biome. You can easily spot them by their gray and orange color.
|Sand Brute Scale
|Frost Brutes can be found in the Frostlands.
|Frost Brute Scale
Remember to check your map to make sure that you’re exploring the correct biome when hunting for Brutes. However, mobs in LEGO Fortnite spawn randomly and each world is different. Therefore, exact locations of Brutes cannot be pinpointed.
You’ll find that Brutes are the toughest enemies in the game. They have massive health and attacks that can potentially one-shot if you don’t have a high max health.
Therefore, you should upgrade your character’s stats and gear with high-level weapons, charms and totems before taking on Brutes. You can take on Brutes without high-tier gear, but it will be significantly harder.
Here are some tips to help take down Brutes:
- Bring a companion along with you, whether a friend or a villager. Ideally, you’ll be able to bring both.
- Using a ranged weapon such as a crossbow is the safest option to take down brutes. You’ll be able to chip away at their health while only having to worry about their projectile attacks. However, this takes a lot more time than melee weapons.
- If you have a shield you can block half of a Brute’s attacks. Blocking will cause some stagger, but you can quickly retaliate after a Brute’s attack.
- If you do not have a shield, equip a healing item in your off-hand so you can heal quickly without having to open your inventory.
- Once you spot a Brute, build a bed nearby, but not too close, and sleep in it so you can set it as your respawn point. You’ll need 10x Wood to build a bed.
- Learn the attack patterns of Brutes so you can dodge them easily and know which ones you’ll be able to block.
|How to Avoid
|Close-range attack where the Brute swings it arms.
|Dodge roll, run out of range or block with a shield.
|Brute rushes toward you.
|Dodge or block with a shield.
|The Brute’s AOE attack
|Dodge or run out of range. Cannot be blocked.
|The Brute’s long range projectile attack.
|Dodge out of the way Cannot be blocked.
Alternatively, you can find Brute Scales and Sand Brute Scales in chests inside lava caves in the Dry Valley. However, they are rare drops and is not as reliable a source as killing Brute. However, it is quite easier to find Brute Scales using this method.