VALORANT v4.03 Patch Notes are out and will bring some changes to the Agent Brimstone as well as Deathmatch game mode. Riot also made improvements to performance and fixed some bugs.
VALORANT’s upcoming update, v4.03, is coming soon. Riot Games recently released detailed patch notes for it. This update will change the VALORANT agent Brimstone, mainly his Ultimate ability.
Riot will also make some modifications to the popular Deathmatch game mode. Some of these changes include reduced spawn timer, improved spawn login for better spawns, and such. Riot Games collected feedback from the player base for the past few months. The VALORANT v4.03 deathmatch changes are made according to that feedback.
Another buff to the AFK detection method will also be implemented, which will further deter AFK EXP farmers. VALORANT players will also get up to a 15% performance boost after the v4.03 update. And lastly, Riot also fixed some bugs.
Below you will find the full VALORANT v4.03 patch notes detailing all the things mentioned above and more.
Read More: VALORANT Console is Reportedly in the Works
- Brimstone’s ultimate now properly blocks gameplay visibility while active
- You’ll no longer see enemies on the minimap through the ultimate.
- Abilities that require line of sight (flashes, Sova recon pulses) will no longer apply through the ultimate
- Removed and in some cases relocated “dangerous” spawn locations
- Improved spawn logic and spawn placement to increase the likelihood that you will be facing each other players in an encounter
- Spawning logic will now favor respawn locations farther away from where you are defeated
- Fixed an issue where the Warm-Up Phase was not using spawn logic properly
- Respawn Time Reduced: 3s >>> 1.5s
- Updated AFK detection in game to deter players from exploiting game modes to farm EXP
- Global Invalidation provides up to 15% improvement to baseline performance for CPU-bound players
- CPU-bound players are generally mid-to-high spec machines.
- These numbers are based on data gathered from PBE over two weekends (Jan. 22–23, and Feb. 5–6).
- Although we expect a large portion of the player base to benefit from these gains, your machine’s performance may vary.
- Updates to the color of the tile used to display sprays in your Collections
- Some sprays were too close to the color of the original tile and were hard to see properly before actually using them in-game.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Added option to return to strongest weapon
- You can now return to the strongest weapon when pressing the “Equip Last Used Item” key or when auto-equipping a weapon.
- To toggle ON, go to Settings >> Controls >> Equipment under “Prioritize Strongest Weapon.”
- This was released in 4.02 but did not make it into the patch notes. My bad!
- Projectile follow is now fixed for observer followers
- Added observer settings toggle to turn Agent portrait on/off
- Fixed a bug where Chamber’s Headhunter and Tour de Force could float away
- Fixed an exploit where, using specific line-ups, it was possible to see inside Viper’s ultimate without being affected by the nearsighted debuff
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s ultimate would sometimes fail to expand through doorways
- Fixed a bug where pressing enter in pre-game wouldn’t focus chat
- Fixed a bug where right clicking a player portrait would not bring up a context menu
- Fixed a bug where performance stats would be hidden while spectating the Spike
- There is a brief flash when swapping into free-cam mode as an observer follower