VALORANT patch 1.07 will feature Sage, Killjoy nerfs while Viper, Sova, and Breach will get some noticeable changes.
Ever since her release on patch 1.05, Killjoy has been getting a lot of hate from the VALORANT community because of her overpowered turret and her ability to gather a lot of information around the map.
On the other hand, Sage has a combination of healing, slows, and revive which still makes her one of the most useful agents in VALORANT. Riot however gave her some significant nerfs in the recent patches. And now again in patch 1.07, they are nerfing almost everything in her kit. Meanwhile, Viper, Sova, and Breach are also getting some noteworthy changes in the upcoming patch.
Agent Updates Patch 1.07
- Heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 5 seconds.
- Self heal reduced from 100 over 5 seconds >>> 60 over 10 seconds.
- Our goal is to reduce the amount of healing done throughout the round. Disincentivize Sage from self-healing and make it more expensive to do so.
- Size reduced by 30%.
- This should slightly reduce the power of Slow Orb and increase intentionally. Right now, the slow orb unintentionally covers a lot more ground than it should be if aimed properly.
- Cost reduced from 400 >>> 300.
- Fortifying Barrier: Wall forms at 400 HP—after a 3-second delay, the wall becomes fortified to 800 HP.
- Our hope is to increase counterplay on Barrier and reduce the strength of the wall during reactive use.
- Added a brief windup before damage begins
- DPS reduced from 60 >>> 40
- Visual effects have been added to make it easier to spot the grenade on the ground Stealth audio range has been slightly increased
Killjoy’s Nanoswarm has been a terror to play against. It’s meant to be a strong stalling and post-plant tool—but we feel it’s currently dealing far too much damage and players aren’t able to engage in the desired counterplay.
- No longer revealed by Sova’s Recon Bolt
- More effectively shoots at an enemy’s last known location
- Can now be placed during the buy phase of rounds, through spawn barriers.
- Toxic Screen now goes up faster along it’s full length, once it starts to form.
- Decay on all smoke abilities no longer affects allies.
- The area of Viper’s Pit is now shown on her team’s minimap when deployed.
Regarding Breach changes Riot said “these are not all the potential Breach changes we want to do, but as part of our ease-in, intentional-balance philosophy, we want to be measured. Stay tuned for more…potentially.”
- Off-screen flashes now match behavior of other flashes in the game and apply a minimum amount of flash more aggressively
- Charges increased from 2 >>> 3
- Reduced windup time from 0.6 seconds >>> 0.5 seconds
- Detonation delay between blasts decreased from 0.3 >>> 0.255
- Concuss now de-scopes players and prevents re-scoping
- Updated the physics on Sova’s cape so that it should wiggle outside his hitbox less frequently.
- Polish work on Sova’s 1P hands to bring them up to the fidelity bar of the rest of our Agents.
All the new changes along with some weapons, competitive changes will likely go live later today.