Riot Games recently revealed the patch notes for the upcoming 4.09 Update, and it includes some brutal nerfs to Chamber.
Today is May 10, 2022, meaning it’s patch day for Riot Games’ popular 5v5 tactical shooter VALORANT. VALORANT players worldwide are eagerly waiting for the patch notes as some recent leaks, and PBE info has revealed that a fair bit of change is coming to the game.
One of the most popular Sentinel characters, Chamber, is getting a nerf in VALORANT patch 4.09. Many VALORANT players thought his ability trademark was too strong and could cover multiple angles making it impossible to flank a team that has Chamber. This ability is getting nerfed in the 4.09 update.
Additionally, the newly released Initiator agent Fade is getting some VFX improvements. We will also now be able to transfer the party leader without disbanding the whole party. There are also some bug fixes regarding Chamber’s Trademark and Jet’s new Tailwind ability. Below you will find the full VALORANT 4.09 patch notes.
VALORANT 4.09 Patch Notes:
- Nightfall (X) – You should now see a decreased amount of flickering textures on diagonal walls when casting Fade’s ultimate. Also added VFX for additional clarity and visual impact.
- Seize (Q) – VFX change to the orb for a more dynamic presentation in 1p and Agent select.
- Cost increased 150>>>200
- Charges reduced 2>>>1
- Audio range increased
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party.
- The current party leaders can right-click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop-down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates were made to the UI.
- Added Observer ability to toggle Scoreboard on/off.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s Tailwind would sometimes fail to cast when used immediately after curving a Cloudburst smoke.
- Fixed a bug where Jett’s ultimate indicator would sometimes stay active after firing all kunai.
- Fixed an issue where an unintended ‘use’ input could happen after abilities such as Skye’s Trailblazer or Sova’s Owl Drone is activated while using the ‘use’ key