Riot Games recently released patch notes for the VALORANT v3.09 update.
VALORANT’s new Act III Battlepass and new Competitive season are both coming out soon. There is also a new upcoming agent Chamber coming soon with teleport and gun summoning abilities.
Riot Games wants to take this opportunity to make some changes to the classic in VALORANT. Many VALORANT players also had complaints with the new map Fracture and Riot addressed this as well. In the new update, some optimizations were done to the Fracture map, and also some furniture was rearranged.
Riot Games release detailed patch notes with all the info about the upcoming v3.09 update changes. Below you will find all of these including Classic Right-Click Nerf, Fracture Changes, Smoother Ropes, Bug Fixes & More.
VALORANT v3.09 Patch Notes:
According to the patch notes, the classic was over-performing in close to mid-range and even while jump shooting. Riot made some changes to the right-click accuracy of the classic while jumping, running, and walking.
- Walking firing error changed .05 >>> .6 (total error is 2.5 when walking, up from 1.95)
- Running firing error changed .2 >>> 1.3 (total error is 3.2 when running, up from 2.1)
- Jumping firing error changed from 1.1 >>> 2.1 (total error is 4.0 when jumping, up from 3.0)
- The B Arcade attacker barrier is shifted back towards Attacker Side Bridge, to allow defenders to more easily contest the area
- Defender barrier at A Rope moved up to the top of ropes to make it easier for Sentinels to prepare.
- A Hall orb shifted into more neutral space, making it less favorable for attackers
- New piece of cover in Attacker spawn added to break the long sightline from Hall entrance to B Main, which should relieve some pressure from attackers when defenders fast flank
Game Systems Updates:
- Smoother Ropes/Ziplines
- Fixed jittery movement that could occur when stopping or changing directions on a zipline or rope. This was most noticeable when repeatedly moving a small amount and stopping.
- Observers using gamepad controllers are no longer locked out of the X/Y axes when speeding up with the right bumper (R1).
- Free Cam observers rejoice!
- Observers now have the option to set handedness for teams
- When this option is toggled, observers will see players that start the match on attacker as right-handed, and players that start the match on defender will be left-handed.
- One path for all traffic into game servers
- For those of you particular to a preferred server, you may notice a previously preferred location is no longer there. Don’t worry, we simply consolidated what was two paths into the game servers into one—we did not remove any servers.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the default Act Rank badge to display on Unrated game loading screens
- Cypher can no longer place Spycam on the Breeze door in order to destroy or see through the door when it’s lowered.
- Similarly, fixed random spots where Cypher could not place Spycam in the same area.
- Fixed bug that displayed Jett’s 1P Updraft visuals incorrectly