Riot skipped VALORANT patch 2.10 in order to make some surface-level optimation for better performance.
Usually, after skipping a patch Riot tends to come out with massive changes to the meta. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case with VALORANT patch 2.11. Instead of a firecracker this patch is small and aims to improve the performance of mid to high-end PCs.
According to Riot, they have made some ability-related tweaks that should improve the FPS of the client by 1% if you are already using a mid to high-end system. Other than that, there are subtle game modes and UI-related fixes that arrived with this patch.
However, this is just a small stopgap patch. More like a calm before the storm, according to Riot. They are saving their big announcements for later in Episode 3. Expect massive changes to be announced in the upcoming Episode 3 of VALORANT.
Full Patch 2.11
- Added a Leaderboard search bar to help you find players by name
- Replication is back as part of our modes rotation and will replace Escalation for now
- Improved Client framerate by 1% on average for medium to high spec machines by optimizing abilities, equipment, and weapons in the your inventory
- Optimized Agent and Environment mesh clipping calculations
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Fixed fonts for various regional languages to improve readability
- Updated ping wheel and radio wheel to ignore non-movement inputs while the wheel is displayed
- Fixed an animation issue with abnormal hand positions while equipping weapons
- Fixed an issue where Reyna couldn’t sell then rebuy Dismiss ability during Buy Phase
- Fixed a bug that was causing an infinite load symbol while viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed several Leaderboard UI bugs.
- In the model viewer, a hitch is caused by the Sharpening setting interacting with MSAA
- If you encounter this, we advise that you toggle off the Sharpening setting until we can ship a fix.