Rainbow Six Siege’s Y8S2.3 Patch has dropped on the live servers today across all the platforms. Despite the negative feedback from the Siege community, Ubisoft went with all the changes mentioned in the Designer’s Notes.
As discussed in our Designer’s Notes article, the new Y8S2.3 patch is bringing some interesting changes, such as Nokk’s silent step being removed, new glitch effects to both Nokk and Vigil, and the devs also decided to give Thorn a 1.5x as her pick rate was relatively low.
Most of these changes seem to be very minor and unwarranted, as more important balancing matters still remain in the game. To name a few, Azami, Solis, and Fenrir are still very overpowered in our eyes as well as the majority in the Siege community. However, it seems like Ubisoft has no intention of nerfing these operators anytime soon.
You can read the full Y8S2.3 patch notes below.
Y8S2.3 Patch Size
Find the download sizes for each platform below.
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.12GB
- Steam: 1.5 GB
- Xbox One: 1.36 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.64 GB
- PS4: 1.65 GB
- PS5: 1.57 GB
- Vigil will share the same glitching behavior as Nøkk.
- The ERC-7 Video Disruptor will not be deactivated when performing certain actions, such as shooting, and instead will trigger the glitch effect on cameras.
- Vigil won’t be immune to Lion’s EE-ONE-D and Grim’s Kawan Hive. Both gadgets will detect him, but he can prevent being pinged by activating the ERC-7.
- The HEL gadget ability no longer reduces movement sounds.
- Maximum duration increased to 20 seconds (from 12).
- Added new glitching sources, such as being flashed or pushed.
- Nøkk is no longer immune to Alibi’s Prisma. It will detect her, but she can prevent being pinged by activating her the HEL gadget.
- Added 1.5x sight to the UZK50GI.
- Increased hatch climb speed by 30%.
FIXED – Missing unlimited ammo in the Snipers Arcade after joining a match in progress.
FIXED – Devices are detected outside when placed on the back wall of 2F Main Stairs in the Skyscraper map.
FIXED – The Battle Pass map flashes on screen when going to the Progress section.
FIXED – Error received when accepting a Squad invite from a player that was part of the same Squad in a previous match.
FIXED – Various Shop and Customization issues.