Rainbow Six Siege’s new Y8S2.2 patch is being released today, June 27th, across all platforms.
Siege’s Y8S2.2 patch is set to bring some important audio and bug fixes and tweak the Ranked matchmaking calculations that should lead to fairer matches.
A new option for Defuser Pickup has also been introduced, so players can now choose between Auto, Manual, or Both. The “Both” setting is set by default, and it most likely allows you to pick up the defuser manually by looking at it directly instead of coming near it to pick it up again.
R6S Y8S2.2 Patch Notes
Y8S2.2 PATCH SIZE
Find the download sizes for each platform below.
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.32 GB
- Steam: 0.97 GB
- Xbox One: 1.19 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.53 GB
- PS4: 1.93 GB
- PS5: 1.45 GB
Defuser Pickup option
This new option lets players decide the defuser pickup behavior from these choices:
- Both (Default setting)
TWEAKS AND UPDATES
Modified the calculation of Squad matchmaking ratings to ensure fairer matches.
Sanction messaging in the match feed will no longer mention BattlEye™ and instead use more generic messaging while still listing the sanction reason.
- FIXED – Small gap on the left side of Mira’s Black Mirror when deployed in the center of the reinforced walls.
- FIXED – Kali’s CSRX 300 has excessive lateral recoil on consoles.
- FIXED – Lesion can reinforce walls and put up barricades in the team deathmatch game mode.
- FIXED – Fenrir receives additional scoring points each time he redeploys the F-NATT Dread Mine.
- FIXED – In Article 5, matchmaking between Sony and Xbox is possible when players have crossplay matchmaking turned off.
- FIXED – Gap can be created after destroying the soft part underneath a reinforcement.
- FIXED – Stacking 10 Observation Blocker will block bullets.
- FIXED – Exploitable line of sight on stacked supply crates at EXT Garage in Consulate map.
- FIXED – Unfair line of sight when using Azami’s Kiba Barrier on the door frame in 2F Solarium on Chalet map.
- FIXED – Unfair line of sight when using Azami’s Kiba Barrier on the door frame in 1F Bar stock on Chalet map.
- FIXED – Players can destroy devices on the other side of a reinforced wall by destroying the breakable floor underneath it.
- FIXED – Wrong footsteps SFX if another player is on a different floor.
- FIXED – No SFX play when Attacker uses a melee attack on Castle’s Armor Panel.
- FIXED – Various Audio issues.
- FIXED – Toggle for match replay missing from custom games.
- FIXED – The Tactical Timeout scoreboard is empty in custom games.
- FIXED – Various UI Issues.