Infinity Ward has rolled out the new Patch 1.28 for Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone, and as we’ve confirmed earlier this update has introduced some storage optimizations for the users.
The most important feature in this update is for PC players, which will finally allow them to uninstall modes which they don’t want to play. This has been a much requested feature from the community as MW’s file size has been criticized a lot in recent times, and have turned out to be a meme now.
But Activision is trying their best to mitigate this issue by adding the option to remove specific game modes. So here’s how to uninstall the undesired content from the game (via Infinity Ward).
- Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- 1. Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- 2. Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- 3. Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- 4. Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- 5. Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- 6. Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- 7. Select Confirm.
- 8. Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.
PLAYLIST UPDATE: (Patch 1.28)
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
Check out the full patch notes here.