Eveything you need to romance Judy Alvarez in Cyberpunk 2077.
Developed by CD Projekt Red, Cyberpunk 2077 has a wide range of colorful and diverse sets of characters like those of the developer’s previous games.
Furthermore, you can initiate plenty of dialogue with these characters to learn more about their history, motivations, and goals. Additionally, you can even romance some of these characters.
Read More: Cyberpunk 2077: Best Quickhacks
As you progress through the game, you’ll be able to form long-term relationships with three major characters. These characters are a key part of the main story, and romancing them can even change how the story plays out.
One such character is Judy Alvarez. This guide focuses on interacting with Judy and developing your friendship with her into a fully-fledged romance.
Who is Judy Alvarez?
Judy Alvarez is a skilled braindance techie and a member of the Mox. She is very skilled at her job but values independence too much to work for corporations. This high regard for independence drew her to the Mox in hopes that they would improve people’s lives.
Judy was born on the rural outskirts of Night City. Her mother died when she was very young, and her father was never around. She was taught about braindances and tech by her grandfather who was a techie himself.
She hates injustice and speaks up against even if it gets her in trouble. This trait is seen as a flaw by some and a virtue by others.
How to Romance Judy
The first prerequisite to romance Judy is that you’ll need to play as a female V, with a female body and a feminine voice tone.
Your first meeting with Judy will occur during The Heist story mission, early in the game during Act 2. However, you will not see her again until Act 2, when you search for Evelyn during the Automatic Love story mission.
After this quest, Judy will become a recurring character in several of the succeeding quests until the Double Life quest. 24 in-game hours later, Judy will call you, starting her quest line with Both Sides Now. Make sure to say yes right away and not turn her down.
This quest has no dialogue that can affect your romance with Judy. After this, Judy will call you to start the quest, Ex-Factor. Like before, you want to accept the quest right away. Furthermore, this quest has no dialogue significant to your relationship with Judy either.
Talking About a Revolution
6 in-game hours after finishing Ex-Factor, you will receive a text from Judy, which will be followed by a call another 6 hours later, starting this mission.
These are the things you’ll want to do during this quest to advance your relationship with Judy:
- Do not let Judy and her friends down during your conversation with them. Otherwise, the quest will, and you will be able to do any of Judy’s other quests.
- Near the end of the quest, agree to join in on Judy’s plan by choosing the “You can count on me” dialogue option.
- When Judy offers to pay you for your help, turn her down.
- Accept her offer to stay the night
6 in-game hours after finishing Talking About a Revolution, you will receive a text from Judy, which will be followed by a call another 6 hours later, starting this mission.
This quest is important and you’ll need to pick a specific set of dialogue options during your conversation with Maiko once you reach Hiromi’s office, allowing you to seal the deal with Judy.
These are the options you need to pick:
- “This wasn’t the plan.”
- “Hold on. Think you’ve gone too far.”
- “[Draw Weapon] Let’s cut to the quick.” Kill the Tyger Claws and speak to Maiko
- “You tried to cheat us all”. Then kill Maiko which will allow you start Judy’s final quest.
24 hours after you finish Pisces, you will receive a call from Judy. Agree to meet her at dam near Rancho Coronado to start this quest. This quest is basically just romance encounter with Judy. These are the options you should choose during this quest:
- Agree to go diving with Judy when you meet her
- Spend the night with Judy when given the option
- After hearing Judy’s thoughts, return to the bungalow and ask her if everything is alright. After opening the bathroom door, tell her “We’re still synced”
- After Judy opens up to you, select the “[Touch] it is ours” option
- Choose to kiss her when you get the option to do so
- In the morning you can speak with Judy. If you want to lock her in as a long-term option, select the “The beginning of something amazing” dialogue option.