Find out how to get and use the Boombox in Lethal Company. Also, there are some additional tips at the end.
‘Lethal Company’ is full of danger around every corner. You might find solace on the ship between missions, but venturing out onto the moon’s surface leads to unavoidable encounters with ferocious creatures.
However, as a new Company recruit, you have tools at your disposal to help tackle these obstacles. One such instrument that proves especially helpful is the Boombox. Here’s how to get and use the Boombox.
The Boombox in Lethal Company
How to Get the Boombox
- Purchase it from the store in the ship’s terminal for 60 Credits
- Wait for the supply pod carrying it to land then pick it up
As one of the recruits for the Lethal Company, you will have access to various tools that can assist you during your missions on the moons. One of such tools that you can obtain is the Boombox, which costs 60 Credits from the store in the terminal.
To get your hands on this tool, simply open up the terminal interface on the ship and type ‘Store’. You can browse all the items you can buy from there. Locate the listing for the Boombox and type ‘Buy Boombox’.
Once you place the order, a pod containing your precious Boombox will land near the ship. Make your way over there and pick it up.
How to Use the Boombox
- Place it far from the ship and turn it on to lure certain monsters away
- Drop it near a bothersome Hygrodere to divert its attention with the music
The Boombox serves as more than just a dancing companion to boost morale while monsters lurk about on these treacherous moons. This tool can actually be utilized strategically during the more dangerous nighttime hours past 6 PM when terrifying creatures emerge.
The music from the Boombox can distract certain monsters like Forest Giants and Eyeless Dogs. You can lay the Boombox far from the ship’s location before turning it on. You and your teammates will be able to get back to the ship safely after doing this.
Additionally, if you spot a troublesome Hygrodere heading toward you or your comrades, quickly place down an activated Boombox to divert its attention. The vibrations from the music compel it to slither away.
Tips for Boombox in Lethal Company
- Just remember that the Boombox does not impact all monsters.
- Use discretion when relying on it as a distraction.
- Also keep in mind you will likely need to abandon it on the moon’s surface when the mission is over rather than attempt to retrieve it. But the Credits spent can be well worth it if used wisely at critical moments.