Are you facing audio issues in Helldivers 2? Here’s how you can fix it.
Helldivers 2 is a third-person shooter developed by Arrowhead Game Studios and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. A sequel to the top-down shooter Helldivers (2015), the game was recently released for PlayStation 5 and PC.
Helldivers 2 has received many in-game improvements. The game’s launch has been smooth sailing, except for a few issues popping up here and there. One of the issues players have been complaining about is audio. Here are some apparent fixes if you’re facing audio issues in Helldivers 2.
How to Fix Audio Issues
Audio issues in Helldivers 2 are a player-sided problem most of the time. However, to save you some time, we have narrowed down the best solutions that might fix your audio issues quickly.
1. Open Helldivers 2 as Administrator
If you’re facing audio issues after launching the game, then close the game. Then follow these steps:
- Right-click on the Helldivers2.exe file on your desktop or destination folder.
- Choose Properties, then click on Compatibility.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Finally, click Apply, then OK to save the change.
2. Configure Your Sound Settings
If audio issues still persist after opening Helldivers 2 then follow these steps:
- Click on the Search icon on your Taskbar, then search for Settings App.
- Now check if the correct Output Device is selected.
- Adjust the Master Volume after selecting the preferred Output Device.
3. Verify Game Files
If the audio issues are still persistent after you launch Helldivers 2, then verify the game files from Steam. Sometimes, game files get corrupted due to a dip in the internet connection while downloading or updating a game.
- Launch Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Right-click on Helldivers 2 in your library.
- Select Properties, then navigate to Installed Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Hopefully, these methods will fix your Helldivers 2 Audio Issues quickly. However, if the problem still persists, try reinstalling the game. In the worst-case scenario, if reinstalling the game has no audio issues, wait patiently until the devs release an update for Helldivers 2.