Mihoyo, the developers of Genshin Impact recently released official Patch Notes for the upcoming v2.2 update.
Genshin Impact recently celebrated its 1 year anniversary on 28 September. But at that time a lot of players felt the effort from Mihoyo was a bit lacking. There was no official Anniversary in-game events, no in-game decoration, and mediocre rewards.
Feeling frustrated a lot of players started review bombing Genshin Impact on the Google Play Store and brought its rating down to 1.8. But later Google intervened and removed all negative reviews to bring the rating back up again. Soon after this debacle, Mihoyo started giving Anniversary rewards to the playerbase.
But another thing a lot of players felt frustrated about was the lack of communication from Mihoyo. Before the Genshin Impact v1.6 update players used to get regular patch notes and developer discussions. But it suddenly stopped for no apparent reason. Now it seems like the Genshin Impact community and Mihoyo have come to an understanding and once again patch notes are coming out.
Recently, Mihoyo released patch notes for the upcoming Genshin Impact v2.2 update. Below you will find everything you need to know that is coming in the upcoming update.
Genshin Impact v2.2 Patch Notes:
Below I will give a short summary for anyone not interested to go through the detailed patch notes. You can also read the full patch notes below to get more details on certain topics.
Patch Notes Summary:
- Tsurumi Island
- New 4* Pyro Polearm character Thoma
- New 5* and 4* Weapons
- New Rifthound Enemies
- Artifact Inventory increased to 1500
- No Mora Limit in Shops
- New Hanglout Events
- Inazuma Realm layout
- Past Event Gadgets
Schedule and Free Primogem Rewards:
The Genshin Impact v2.2 update maintenance will begin on 13th October at around 06:00 (UTC+8). As usual, it will take approximately 5 hours and a Primogem compensation will go out to players.
Maintenance Compensation: Primogems ×300
(60 Primogems for every hour the servers are down. No change to compensation amount if the update is completed early.)
Players who are Adventure Rank 5 or above before the update goes live can claim these compensations via in-game mail.
I. New Inazuma Island — Tsurumi Island
◇ Unlock Criteria: Complete the World Quest “Seirai Stormchasers”
II. New Character
4-Star Character Thoma (Pyro)
III. New Domain
A new domain called Moshiri Kara will be available in Tsurumi Island. This domain will have the new Rift Hound enemies and will award Primogems and Electro Sigils.
IV. New Equipment
Polar Star (5-Star Bow)
Akuoumaru (4-Star Claymore)
Wavebreaker’s Fin (4-Star Polearm)
Mouun’s Moon (4-Star Bow)
V. New Event
A new Story event featuring Childe and Xinyan called “Labyrinth Warriors” will be available once v2.2 drops.
Adventure Rank 30 or above
And complete the Archon Quest “Chapter II: Act III – Omnipresence Over Mortals”
VI. New Quests
1. New Hangout Events
Hangout Events: Series III
Hangout Event: Thoma – Act I “A Housekeeper’s Daily Chores”
Hangout Event: Sayu – Act I “Yoohoo Art: Seichou no Jutsu”
2. New World Quests
◆ New World Quests: “A Particularly Particular Author,” “Octave of the Maushiro,” “The Sea of Fog and the Rite of the Trees,” “The Sun-Wheel and Mt. Kanna,” “The Saga of Mr. Forgetful,” “Clean House,” and more.
VII. New Enemies:
The Tsurumi Islands will be infested with the new Rifthound enemies. These enemies apply corrosion and make characters lose health continuously.
VIII. Other Additions
1. New Recipes: “Warmth,” Radish and Fish Stew, Wakatakeni, Berry Mizu Manjuu, and Soba Noodles
2. New Achievement categories.
3. New Namecards: “Travel Notes: Heavenly General,” “Thoma: Blazing Guard, “Inazuma: Eagleplume”
4. New Realm Layout “Silken Courtyard”
○ Unlock Criteria:
• Sacred Sakura’s Favor Level 40 or above
• Obtain Silken Print
5. New Furnishing Categories: Floating Platform and Paving, and new Furnishings
6. Spiral Abyss:
Floor 11 Ley Line Disorders changed to:
• Pyro DMG dealt by party members increased by 60%.
• Hydro DMG dealt by party members increased by 60%.
Updated the monster lineup on Floors 11 – 12 of the Spiral Abyss.
Starting from the first time that the Lunar Phase refreshes after updating to Version 2.2, the three Lunar Phases will be as follows：
After the challenge begins, when a character’s Elemental Energy is greater than or equal to 50%, they will gain a 6.5% ATK Bonus every second. Max 10 stacks. When a character’s Elemental Energy is less than 30%, the ATK Bonus gained this way will be cleared.
After the challenge begins, when a character’s Elemental Energy is 100%, they will gain 1 stack of Auspice every second. Max 10 stacks. When this character unleashes their Elemental Burst, all Auspice stacks will be cleared, and the DMG dealt by this character will be increased by 5% for each stack cleared for the next 10s. While the character is enjoying the DMG Bonus gained via this method, they cannot gain any more stacks.
After the challenge begins, when the active character’s Elemental Energy is greater than or equal to 50%, they will continuously release shockwaves that deal DMG to opponents. When their Elemental Energy reaches 100%, these shockwaves will deal with even greater DMG.
IX. Adjustments & Optimizations
1. After Travelers abandon the challenge in the “Full Speed Ahead” commission quest, the remaining enemies will no longer drop Elemental Particles.
2. Optimizes the experience of the “Rules of Safe Transportation” and “Safe Conduct” commission quests in the Inazuma area, and increased the HP and Movement SPD of the hot air balloon.
3. Optimizes the trial character’s Artifacts and Talent levels in some Story Quests, so that they change dynamically with the World Level.
1. Increases Inventory limit for Artifacts from 1,000 to 1,500.
2. Adjusts the display order after performing a 10-wish pull. After adjustment, the pull results will be displayed with the following priority (from left to right): 5-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star character > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.
(Originally: 5-star character > 4-star character > 5-star weapon > 4-star or 3-star weapon > items not converted to Starglitter > items converted to Starglitter > Sequence acquired.)
3. Adds a new feature to skip the display scene when performing a 10-wish pull.
4. Adds feature for learning Furnishing Blueprints in the Forge menu, Crafting Bench, and the Furnishing Creation interface in Serenitea Pot.
5. Optimizes location selection logic in the Expedition page when using a Controller.
6. The conditions for purchasing the Starter Supply Bundle and Wayfarer’s Supply Bundle permanent bundles are adjusted to Adventure Rank 25 or above (originally Adventure Rank 1).
7. Optimizes the performance of the Hangout Event interface.
• Adds ending status display in the Hangout Event interface.
• New hints in the Hangout Event Storyline Summary screen: during the process, you can start playing from any of the completed plot nodes.
• Options you have selected before will be recorded when the Hangout Event is played on the same device.
8. Optimizes the Time Adjustment experience in Paimon Menu: you can now change time over the span of days.
9. Adds some prompts for loading screens.
1. Optimizes the descriptions of Sucrose’s Lv. 4 Constellation “Alchemania” and of Noelle’s Passive Talent “Nice and Clean” (only the descriptions were revised, the actual effects of the skill work as intended in-game).
○ Original description of Sucrose’s “Alchemania”: “Every 7 Normal and Charged Attacks, Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s.”
○ Revised description: “Sucrose will reduce the CD of Astable Anemohypostasis Creation – 6308 by 1-7s for every 7 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores against opponents. One hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
○ Original description of Noelle’s “Nice and Clean”: “Breastplate’s CD is reduced by 1s per 4 Normal Attack or Charged Attack hits. Hitting multiple enemies with one attack is only counted as one hit.”
○ Revised description: “Noelle will decrease the CD of Breastplate by 1s for every 4 Normal or Charged Attack hits she scores on opponents.\nOne hit may be counted every 0.1s.”
1. Optimizes the music switching range in some areas.
2. Optimizes the voice-over for some characters and quests.
3. Reduces the time delay between characters opening the Treasure Chest and triggering of the relevant voice-over line.
4. Adjusts the voice-over of Sayu when she deploys her wind glider.
1. In the Shop > Stardust Exchange section, there is now no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 100.
2. At the Souvenir Shops in Mondstadt and Liyue, there is no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 300.
3. Updates the usable materials for the Parametric Transformer: including new harvestable materials in Inazuma and certain materials dropped by enemies, etc.
4. Reduces visual obstruction from special effects when bow characters enter Aiming Mode (such as shield effects and the effects of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata).
5. Reduces the brightness of the Raiden Shogun’s Chakra Desiderata in various lighting conditions.
6. New items at NPC Marjorie’s store in Mondstadt: Windblume Festival Commemorative Balloon, Windsong Lyre, and Wind-Blessed Harpastum are currently available for purchase.
7. Optimizes the rules for the appearance of “warm” ground in the Domain “Peak of Vindagnyr” in order to avoid the long absence of “warm” ground.
8. Reduced the camera shake caused by storms and lightning in the open world, and optimizes the gaming experience when thunderstorms are in high frequency.
9. Adds PC platform support for DualSense™ Wireless Controller for PS5™. Travelers, please keep in mind when using the DualSense™ Wireless Controller:
① Please connect the DualSense™ Wireless Controller to the PC before opening the game.
② After connecting the controller, you need to configure the sound channels of the wireless controller: Windows Settings > System > Sound > Sound Control Panel > Playback > Right click on “Speaker Wireless Controller” > Configure Speakers > Select Configuration [Four Channels] > Next > Select all full-range speakers > Next > Finish.
③ When replacing the USB port connected to the controller, you may need to reconfigure the Wireless Controller sound channel and restart the game.
④ The vibration function when Bluetooth is connected to the DualSense™ Wireless Controller is not currently supported. If you would like to feel the vibration function of the Controller, please use a wired Controller.
⑤ DualSense™ Wireless Controller speaker sound effects are currently not supported.