HoYoverse has recently released gameplay details of the upcoming Genshin Impact 2.8 “Hidden Strife” event.
Genshin Impact v2.8 already gave us lots of new content. We got the Golden Apple Archipelago island back again with tons of new chests, quests, puzzles, etc. The new Diluc skin is also available in the in-game shop for players to buy. The free Fischl skin can also be obtained by collecting 16 Starconch.
But, many hardcore Genshin players have already completed all these and are looking for new content to dive into. They won’t be disappointed as HoYoverse announced the new upcoming “Hidden Strife” event featuring Diluc.
The new event starts after the traveler and Paimon visit the Dawn Winery and learn of a new threat. Some players have noticed that the new Diluc skin has a similar design to the clothes the Fatui wear. So, we can theorize that the “Hidden Strife” event will give us lots of lore behind the Diluc “Red Dead of Knight skin.”
Previously, HoYoverse gave us key details about the “Hidden Strife” event, like the duration, eligibility requirement, and details. But, recently, in a Blog Post, they revealed full gameplay details about the “Hidden Strife” event.
Genshin Impact “Hidden Strife” Event:
27th July 2022 10:00 – 15th August 2022 03:59(Server Time)
1. Adventure Rank 25 or above
2. Complete the Archon Quest “Prologue: Act III – Song of the Dragon and Freedom”
And complete Diluc’s Story Quest “Noctua Chapter: Act I – Darknight Hero’s Alibi”
- During the event, Travelers can follow directions on their map and teleport to the designated location to start the “Hidden Strife” challenge.
- There are a total of seven themed challenges in “Hidden Strife”, and a new challenge will be unlocked each day for the first seven days of the event. They are-
- Fearsome Judgement
- Searing Skies
- Blazing Thunder
- Scatter, Flaming Feathers!
- Puissant Calibre
- Arch-Tempered Sword
- The Other Molten Quadrant
- Every Challenge has two modes:
“Vicious Battle” and “Dire Straits.”
Vicious Battle Mode features three difficulty levels: Perilous, Quandary, and Desperate. By completing a challenge on a higher difficulty setting, you can directly claim rewards for each difficulty below it. Dire Straits Mode only unlocks after completing Desperate Difficulty in Vicious Battle Mode.
- Each challenge has up to three completion criteria, and all of them must be completed for the challenge to be considered a success.
- During the event, adjusting your World Level will have no effect on the challenge difficulty.
- Each challenge features unique Ley Line Residues that have their own special effects. Take note of them and use them to your advantage during the challenges.
- Leyline Residue:
- Characters’ Elemental Burst DMG is increased by 50%.
- After using 6 Elemental Bursts, you will obtain Afterimaged Might:
- Characters Elemental Burst DMG is increased by 75%, and they will restore Energy every 2s.
- You will encounter powerful opponents after obtaining Afterimaged Might. On Perilous difficulty in Vicious Battle mode, you can obtain this form of Afterimaged Might 20s after the challenge starts.
- Leyline Residue:
- When you achieve certain criteria during the challenge, you will gain Afterimaged Might and encounter powerful opponents. Defeat a specified number of powerful opponents to achieve the corresponding challenge objectives.
Completing challenges during the event will award players will various rewards such as-
- Exp Books
- Weapon Ascension Materials
- Weapon Exp