CoD Warzone and Vanguard’s March 2 update gets mixed reactions from the CoD community due to unwanted balancing and game mechanics optimization.
Infinity Ward introduced their battle royale, Call of Duty: Warzone, with its 2019’s blockbuster title Call of Duty: Modern Warfare built on their IW engine. Since then, Warzone has become one of the most played battle royales around the world.
Call of Duty: Warzone is currently under Raven Software with the release of Call of Duty: Vanguard last year. Raven Software balances the game based on public feedback and consultation of content creators focusing on the game. They usually release patch notes after every ten days.
Health buff and mechanics balancing in March 2 update
Raven Software has decided to increase the base health of players for the Vanguard Royale game mode, which got mixed reactions from the community. The health buff will increase the TTK(time to kill), which will definitely shift the meta. The buff to base health value is getting appreciation from the player base, with many in the CoD community wanting it to be added to other game modes as well with future updates.
As for nerfs, the UAV has been nerfed in terms of pricing, and XM-4 (Black Ops Cold War) has been nerfed with a neck damage multiplier decrease. Previously UAVs were 6,000$ and have since been raised to 9,000$, a very expensive change for many players. The nerf to XM-4 came as a shock to many since the community has been asking for a nerf to the Bren instead.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to get stuck while proning underneath certain environmental elements such as stairs.
- Fixed an issue with elements at Chemical Factory to improve system performance and reduce hitching.
- Fixed an issue causing the Wade Bundled Up Operator Skin to appear headless.
- Fixed an issue causing the MP40 (VG) VDD 189mm Short Barrel to incorrectly affect Locational Multipliers.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bren (VG) Queen’s 705mm Royal Barrel to bypass its intended Damage Falloff.
- Fixed an issue causing optics on the 3-Line Rifle (VG) Baltic Blueprint to appear opaque.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to penetrate Riot Shields.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Nebula V Rounds to be applied to certain Melee Weapons.
- Fixed an issue causing Nebula V Rounds to lack a visual effect when used with various Launchers.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images and descriptions to appear in various Store Bundles.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder descriptions to appear for the Whitley (VG) Camo Unlock Challenges.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on the Party tab of the Social menu.
- Fixed an issue causing certain restricted Operators to be usable in Vanguard Royale modes.
- Fixed an issue causing the Bomber Plane ADS UI to remain stuck on the Player screen when landing the plane while holding ADS.
The updates for Warzone and Vanguard will become more of a testing ground for the future release of Warzone 2. Warzone 2 is expected to release along with Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare 2, which is currently in development.