Modern Warfare II is getting an “Attacker vs. Defenders” game mode. Here’s everything we know about the new game mode coming to MWII.
CoD: Modern Warfare 2 is Infinity Ward and Activision’s upcoming title for 2022. The game is an official sequel to the hit title MW(2019). The official worldwide reveal trailer for the game has generated massive hype.
Like every CoD title, this game is getting a multiplayer mode with various new game modes such as DMZ, Spec Ops, Realism, SnD, etc. While these game modes were part of most CoD titles, we will be getting another new game mode with the release of Modern Warfare II.
Infinity Ward plans to introduce a game mode similar to Rainbow Six Siege. Reputed leaker and journalist Ralph Valve has confirmed a new game mode titled “Attackers vs. Defenders”. Furthermore, the new game mode will be built on CoD’s basic game mechanics with a new set of rules.
What is “Attackers vs. Defenders”?
“Attackers vs. Defenders” is an objective-based game mode. Attackers have to infiltrate a defended point to rescue a prisoner. On the contrary, defenders must protect the prisoner and neutralize attackers before they can rescue the prisoner. The mode is similar to R6 Siege’s Hostage Rescue mode.
The maps will feature CQC characteristics. However, the sightlines will be narrow with tight corners to enforce a tactical playstyle. The maps might be similar to MW(2009)’s “CQB Test.”
Game mode rules for Attackers:
- Each player will be assigned a role per a general vote, with one nominated as Team Leader.
- Between each round, all teams will be given a Debrief period – allowing for roster reform.
Game mode rules for Defenders:
- To make plans to slow down or entirely cease the Attackers, utilizing hidden locations, boobytraps, and tactical cameras.
- Destruction will play a significant role – they’ll be able to fortify and defend the objective.
- Minor, Critically Injured, Mortally Wounded; Attackers will have the ability provided with ‘Tourniquets’ to revive fallen teammates.
- However, depending on their condition, reviving them will take time, slowing and endangering the entire squad.
- A determined time Limit to complete the objective.
“Attackers vs. Defenders” Release Date
The release date for the game mode has not yet been confirmed. However, the game mode is reportedly included on the day one multiplayer playlist.
The new game mode seems to take heavy inspiration from Rainbow Six Siege. Further game details with come out with Modern Warfare II’s release on October 28, 2022, on Playstation, Xbox, and PC.