Orange essence can be tough to obtain in League of Legends. So, in this guide, we will go through the best ways to get them.
League of Legends has been one of the best, if not the best, MOBA games for a long time. Holding this position for this long is no ordinary feat. And to ensure this, Riot introduces new changes to the map, items, meta, etc., every year. Moreover, multiple new skin lines and champions get released to keep the game fresh.
Keeping in line with that, Riot introduced a hextech crafting system to reward their players for spending more time on the game. Players can collect a lot of skins and other cosmetic items for free from the hextech loot and crafting system.
What is Orange Essence?
Orange Essence can be called the third in-game currency for league of legends after RP and Blue Essence. But mainly, it’s a crafting material that players can use to upgrade their skin shards into permanent skins and unlock some other cosmetic items as well. Unlike Blue Essence, Orange Essence is very hard to obtain.
Best Ways to Get Orange Essence for Free
Events and Missions
During every event, some missions reward players with hextech chests, keys, event capsules, event tokens, etc. Getting all the rewards and opening them will give you 2-3 or even more skin shards. And disenchanting the skin shards that you don’t like is an excellent way to earn Orange Essence for free.
Players can get a hextech chest for free every week by playing the game. You can check in your profile if a chest is obtainable. In addition, there will be a chest icon with a number showing how many chests are available for you to earn.
Now to earn the chests, you need to ensure the following.
- Look at your profile to make sure you have a chest ready to acquire.
- Play with a champion you own, not weekly free to play champions.
- In champion select, if you press the chest icon, you will be able to see a list of champions that you can play earn a chest. You can only earn one chest with a champion in a season. For example, if I played teemo and received a chest, I cannot receive any more chests playing teemo in that season. I have to play other champions.
- You or your premade teammates must get at least S- or higher match rating to earn the chest. So if you are having a hard time getting an S-, try playing with some of your friends who are good at the game. If any of you get an S- or higher, all of the players in the premade lobby will get a chest considering other requirements are met.
Sometimes Riot will reward you for watching their esports competitions with skins and other things that can be turned into Orange Essence. League has one of the best esports scenes in the world, and many players watch their favorite team compete. So why not earn some rewards as well while you enjoy the games, it’s a win-win.
How to Get Orange Essence Fast
- Buy Chests from the Store: Using RP, you can buy chests from the store that will give you skins to disenchant and gain Orange Essence. This is the easiest and fastest way to get Orange Essence.
- Event Pass: Buying the event pass and completing all the mission will give you a lot of skin shards, if you accumulate 2000 points you can get 10 event orb for 200 points each. That is 10 skin shards right there.
- Play ARAM: If you want to complete free missions and obtain the weekly chests but dont have much time to play, play ARAM with your buddies. Playing aram takes way less time than playing Summoner’s Rift, and playing with friends ensures if any of you get an S- or higher rank you all get chests.
What Can You Get with Orange Essence?
Here’s everything you can get with Orange Essence in League of Legends:
- Upgrading skin shards into permanent skins
- Upgrading ward skins into ward skins permanent
- Unlock Eternals for champions