Looking for the best and fastest ways to earn blue essence in League of Legends? We have got you covered.
League of legends has two main currencies, Riot Points (RP) and Blue Essence (BE). You can purchase Riot Points with real-world money, but blue essence can not be bought directly; however, players can easily earn blue essence in different ways.
What is Blue Essence?
Blue Essence is one of the two main currencies of League of Legends that you can earn for free by just playing the game. Riot introduced blue essence in 2016, replacing IP, which was the previous free in-game currency; ways to get this currency were also massively overhauled.
Best Ways to Earn Blue Essence
Playing the game regularly is the best way to earn blue essence. You will get a champion capsule every time you level up. Champion capsules contain champion shards that you can disenchant for blue essence. And disenchanting every champion shard will quickly increase your Blue essence count.
However, it is important to remember you can unlock new champions from shards for almost half the price instead of buying them from the store. So it is better to save up the shards as a new player and only disenchant duplicates.
Being a good summoner has its rewards. Your teammates may give you honors after a game if they think you were friendly, tilt-proof, or if you had good shot-calling. Your honor level will go up as you receive more honors. The maximum honor level is 5; every Season, it resets to level 2.
There are three checkpoints for each level; for each checkpoint, you get orbs containing champion shards and key fragments. After reaching level 5, you will still get rewarded with orbs now and then.
First Win of the Day
Every day you can see a mission that rewards you with 400 XP and 50 Blue Essence for winning a match. Summoner Rift, Aram, rotating game modes, and even bot games count for this mission, so you can easily get this done. It may not seem like much, but you can earn 2800 XP and 350 Blue Essence every week for free just from this mission alone.
Missions and events
Riot often releases new events and missions that reward you with hextech chests, blue essence, and many other things. Make sure you check your league client’s home screen for new events. Some events also give you XP boosts that help you level up quickly, allowing you to earn blue essence faster.
Let’s be honest, nobody wants to get champion shards from hextech chests, but still, they have a 25% chance of dropping champion shards. On the bright side, even if you get a champion shard, it will be a champion that costs 4800 blue essence or higher. And disenchanting them should give you a fair amount of blue essence.
Fastest Ways to Earn Blue Essence
There are some methods to get blue essence even more quickly in League of Legends, but you may need to spend some real money for it.
- XP Boosts: You can buy XP boosts from the store with RP. You level up faster with XP boosts, so you earn more blue essence.
- Event Pass: For every event, Riot releases an event pass. Buying the event pass gives you more missions and ways to earn event tokens. By accumulating 2000 tokens, you can get at least 20000 Blue essence. If you buy champion shards for 50 token each, you should be able to get even more blue essence
- Disenchanting Every Shard: Disenchant every champion shard that you don’t need, and soon you will be racking up massive numbers of blue essence.
What Can You Buy with Blue Essence?
- All the champions
- Rune pages
- Unlock mastery levels 6 and 7 for champions
- Change summoner names
- Buy exclusive content during Essence Emporium. Essence Emporium is a limited-time sale that lets you spend your unused blue essence to buy chromas of skins or even the rare Urfwick skin for 150000 blue essence.
The main focus for players should be unlocking all the champions in the game before spending blue essence to buy tons of rune pages, chromas, or even the Urfwick skin. Unlocking every champion can take years, but that is how it was intended so that new players can spend more time with the champions they bought before moving on to a new one.