As Season 13 is coming to an end, we finally have hints on some of the legend-related changes Respawn may bring with the highly anticipated Apex Legends season 14 update.
Respawn has constantly been introducing new content and features to Apex Legends since Season 1 so that the mass player base can stay entertained and engaged in the game. Along with other changes, Respawn has already introduced 21 Legends into the game since the beginning of Apex Legends, and they keep adding more.
Respawn does not put the Legends into the game and lets the players figure it out. Instead, they observe many aspects such as Legends’ pick-rate, their ability to perform in casual, ranked, and tournament matches, and so on. After analyzing so many elements of the game, Respawn brings changes to the Legends in every season.
Consequently, Apex Legends is supposed to be undergoing some Legend changes in Season 14 as well. First of all, After the hyped ALGS, the Gibby, Valk, and Caustic meta might come to an end because Valkyrie is receiving a huge nerf in Season 14.
On the other hand, Newcastle is receiving a huge buff because of his underwhelming pick rate at the end of Season 13. Apart from these two massive changes, some other legends such as Horizon, Wattson, Revenant, Mad Maggie, Rampart, Caustic, and Mirage are also undergoing changes in Season 14.
Apex Legends Season 14 Character Buffs & Nerfs
- VTOL Jets
- Acceleration on activation decreased by about 8%.
- Fuel consumption on activation increased by 33%.
- Aerial boosting & strafing take a 20% debuff when hit by slowing effects.
- Added a third orange state to the fuel meter UI between green (>60%) and red (<30%).
- Missile Swarm
- Aim/turn slow removed.
- Move slow duration decreased from 2.5s -> 2.0s.
- Reducing the explosion radius from 175 -> 125.
- Skyward Dive
- Height reduction of 25%.
- Launch time reduced from 5.5s -> 5.0s. Coupled with the height reduction, players in Valk ult now travel upward at a slightly slower speed.
- Black Hole: Adjustments to N.E.W.T’s hitbox to make destroying it more reliable.
- Black Hole: N.E.W.T. takes 50% more damage from explosives.
- Improvements to Perimeter Security placement system.
- Retrieve the Wounded:
- Increased move speed during revive by 25%.
- Reduced turn slow while reviving by 50%.
- Increased White Knockdown shield health from 150 -> 200.
- Increase Blue Knockdown shield health from 250 -> 300.
- Mobile Shield:
- Increased hp from 350 -> 500
- Doubled max movement speed.
- Castle Wall:
- Added turn slow to electrical barrier effects and increased the severity of the slow effect to movement.
- Riot Drill:
- Projectile Launch Speed doubled.
- Wrecking Ball:
- Will travel twice as far while dropping the same amount of magnets.
- Duration increased from 5 sec → 10 sec.
- Magnet Spawn delay increased from 0.4 sec → 0.8 sec.
- Wrecking Ball will deal damage to enemy placeable objects: Black Market, Castle Walls, Exhibit, Death Totem, Mobile Shield, Black Hole, Amped Cover, and Gas Barrels. It will also destroy Gibraltar’s Dome of Protection.
- Fixed Wrecking Ball not blinding and slowing enemies.
- Now ignores friendly collision on Amped Cover placement (i.e. placing walls around teammates will feel more smooth).
- Fixed gas ramping bug where transitioning from friendly to enemy gas would initially damage for more than intended.
- Mirage Decoys will now be scanned by Valk when skydiving.
- Mirage Decoys will now be picked up by Seer’s Heart Seeker.
- Fixed a bug where Mirage Decoys were picked up by Seer’s Exhibit as AI and not players.
- Death Totem will now show a placement preview when activated instead of placing immediately.