In a surprise announcement, Fortnite revealed a collaboration event with famous fashion brand Balenciaga complete with IRL merch, Fortnite skins, and free rewards.
Fortnite is not one to shy away from collaborations with big companies. Previously we saw Fortnite collaborations between Samsung, Ferrari, Marvel, DC, Nerf, and many more. And now Epic Games has decided to make a collaboration between Fortnite and Balenciaga.
Balenciaga is a luxury French fashion house and it’s apparently introducing the world of fashion to the Fortnite multiverse. The official Fortnite Twitter account recently published the news about this collaboration along with a video.
On September 20, 2021, at 8 PM ET, the Balenciaga Fit Set is coming to the Fortnite item shop. This set will include skins for popular Fortnite characters including Ramirez, Doggo, and others. These outfits are inspired by authentic archival looks from luxury fashion house Balenciaga.
Below you can see all the items arriving in the Item Shop as part of the Balenciaga collaboration.
Balenciaga Fit Outfits:
- Unchained Ramirez Outfit: She’s coming in haute. (Comes with the alt Silver Unchained Ramirez Style.)
- Shady Doggo Outfit: Who’s a stylish boy? (Comes with the alt Midnight Shady Doggo and Cardinal Shady Doggo Styles.)
- Fashion Banshee Outfit: Battle Bus prepped. Runway ready. (Comes with the alt 24K Fashion Banshee Style.)
- Game Knight Outfit: So retro you can call it a renaissance. (Comes with the alt Stealth Game Knight Style.)
The Shady Doggo outfit is based on a real-life Fortnite X Balenciaga collection which will be available starting September 20 or September 21 in some select Balenciaga stores. The collection can also be seen on Balenciaga.com.
Balenciaga Fit Back Blings:
- Logo Lugger Back Bling: Allover prints are in right now.
- Skate Pocket Duffle Back Bling: Perfect for holding both stuff AND things.
- Everyday Sleekpack Back Bling: High fashion. Low profile.
- Camo Carrier Back Bling: Where’d I leave that backpack?
Balenciaga Fit Pickaxe, Glider, Wrap, And Emote:
- Speed Sneaker Pickaxe: Who says you can’t use a sneaker as a Pickaxe? (Comes with five different-colored alt Styles.)
- Parasail Purse Glider: We left a lip balm in there for you.
- Signature Look Wrap: Add some texture to your textures. (Comes with the alt Midnight and 24K Styles.)
- The Look Emote: Strike a pose.
There are two free sprays that Fortnite players can unlock starting from 10 AM ET on September 21 to 10 AM ET on September 28. There will be two quests from Shady Doggo and completing these will earn you the free sprays.
- Fashion Doggo Spray
- Knight Looks Spray
IRL Merch Pricing(US):
Along with the Fortnite in-game collaboration, Balenciaga also launched some IRL Fortnite-themed merch. Fortnite leaker iFiremonkey shared some of the US pricing of these items but more can be seen on the Balenciaga website.