Patch 3.03 rolls out with Viper Nerfs, ADS/Scope customization, map updates, and new features for custom games!
For patch 3.02, there was an unintentional bug that made viper’s ult emit from the reticle. Players might think this was a buff but it was actually a bug and it has been reverted that the ult is deployed from her. There have been more customizability options added for ADS and dot settings in the sniper scopes. Previously, Radianite crates could be wall banged only at certain angles but now it has been fixed.
Note about Yoru Changes
John Goscicki, the Character producer of Riot Games had a few words to say about the Yoru changes that were set to release soon.
Hey all, wanna touch on the Yoru changes we were hoping to get out by 3.02. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, the team is going to have to indefinitely delay the Yoru updates. We’re in a situation at the moment where certain resources needed to do this work are unavailable to us. As soon as we get a clearer picture of when we can ship these changes, you’ll be the first to know. Sincere apologies to everyone who has been looking forward to these.
VALORANT Full Patch Notes 3.03
- Fixed a bug where Viper’s Pit started forming at the cursor placement point instead of around Viper
- OK so this is technically a bug fix, but it alters the way Viper’s Pit is deployed. We accidentally shipped a bug in 3.01 that caused her ultimate to spawn at her placement reticle instead of around her. We know a lot of Viper mains thought this was an intentional buff and might not be happy about this revert—we’re very sorry to cause pain for you all.
- We think that Viper’s Pit can be a very potent tool for holding an area. Given that impact, it’s important that her team pays the cost of securing ground before she can place her ult, as opposed to being able to cast it forward into areas without giving up her position.
GAMEPLAY TECHNOLOGY UPDATES
- Turn on “Use Advanced Options” to additionally customize your ADS crosshair and sniper scope center dot!
- Added the ability to save and switch between multiple crosshair profiles
- We hear y’all on wanting the ability to share your crosshair settings, and we agree! We don’t have an exact time frame on when that will be coming, but it is definitely on our radar.
- Added a setting to set a minimum firing error across all weapons
- Added a setting to use the primary crosshair with shotguns
- You can now shoot through Radianite crates,with appropriate weapons, from all angles
- Previously, you could shoot through some crates from limited directions, but not others.
- Updated ziplines to allow the ‘Use’ key so you can detach at any point
- Added a system that enables us to automatically revert any AFK penalties applied to you in the event of unexpected server instability
- Autobalance button added for custom games with > 6 players based on players’ MMR
- Improved the accuracy and responsiveness for the ping calculation
- Ping stats now show both the average and the max ping values to help you better understand your networking conditions
- The average value is calculated from multiple samples collected over a small interval of time—the max value is the largest value within that sample.
- Fixed a big where Killjoy’s turret was not affected by concuss
- Fixed Astra’s Gravity Well from pulling people while they were attached to ascenders
- Fixed a bug where Astra could activate Dissipate while attached to ascenders
- Fixed Boombot, Owl Drone, and Fakeout from destroying Sage’s Barrier Orb if placed in a way that overlapped a segment of the barrier wall
- Read More: Best VALORANT Agents for Beginners in 2021