Ubisoft’s tactical shooter Rainbow Six Siege has grown massively over the years. The game had reported over 75 million registered players back in July, and more players are still joining every day.
To make lives a litter easier for new players, we’ve prepared a guide on one of the most important and popular operators since the release of Siege- Jager. So, when picking this 2-Speed 2-Health Defender, here are some of the things you should know.
Jager Operator Guide
Best Weapon Loadout
- Primary Weapon: 416-C Carbine (AR), M870 (Shotgun)
- Secondary Weapon: P12 (Pistol)
- Secondary Gadgets: Barbed Wire / Bulletproof Camera
- Unique ability: Active Defense System
For his primary gun, Jager has two options: 416-C Assault Rifle and the M870 Shotgun. While the shotgun can be used to meme around in-game, you should be playing the 416-C AR in almost all situations. Ubisoft has nerfed this AR a couple of times to reduce Jager’s fragging power. But even with the increased recoil and smaller magazine size, the gun can still take down multiple enemies. However, it will require a little more effort than before.
To help with this slightly greater recoil, you can try the Muzzle Brake attachment, along with the vertical grip. Using the muzzle brake over the flash hider provides the gun with a tighter recoil pattern; however, the difference is very minimal, so you might also try the flash hider if you prefer it.
For his secondary weapon, Jager only has the option of the P12 pistol, and it can get the job done when you are out of bullets on your primary.
As his secondary gadget, Jager can pick barbed wires or a bulletproof camera. There’s no definitive choice in this category, so you can pick either one of them on most sites. However, we’ll suggest you pick the barbed wires more often, as it provides intel as well as slows down attackers’ movement.
Jager’s unique gadget is called the ADS-MKIV “Magpie“, but it’s more commonly known as Active Defense System (ADS). Jager’s Active Defense System is one of the most useful gadgets in the game, as it can destroy incoming projectiles, such as frag grenades, Zofia’s Lifeline-fired grenades, and more.
To help reduce the heavy-utility meta, Ubisoft has slightly reworked how the ADS works. So now, each ADS can only zap one projectile before going on a cooldown, which lasts for 10 seconds. But the number of charges is infinite, so Jager’s gadget remains really strong even after this change. You should use these ADS to protect teammates in crucial anchor spots and prevent bulletproof gadgets (like deployable shields and Maestro Evil Eyes) from being destroyed.
Should you pick Jager?
Even after all these nerfs, Jager remains as one of the strongest defenders in Siege. His ADS gadget is essential for defending, and the effectiveness of projectile denying can be increased if you pair him with Wamai. If you decide to pick Jager, then be prepared to take on fights, as you will most likely have to entry-frag for your team.
- Be decisive in the preparation phase, as you won’t have much time left after placing the 3 ADS gadgets, barbed wires, and grabbing Rook’s armor when available.
- You can juggle with the ADS similar to ‘Bandit Tricking’, and prevent them getting disabled from Thatcher’s emp grenades. (Requires greater game sense and knowledge)
- Learn the unique frag grenade spots on Ranked maps such as the Cool Vibes stairs on Coastline that can be naded from the rooftop dronehole, so place your ADS on the stairs to protect your teammates and yourself.