Here are all the Chapters you must complete in Alan Wake 2 to reach the conclusion of Alan and Saga’s destiny.
10 years after the release of Remedy Entertainment’s original psychological thriller, Alan Wake 2 brings players back to the dark, atmospheric world they fell in love with in the cult classic. Players will come face to face with the forces of darkness and must solve the mystery of the Overlap.
Like the previous title, Alan Wake 2 offers a complex and engaging story, which is further enhanced by its strong visuals and sound design.
Read More: How Long to Beat: Alan Wake 2
Set 13 years after the events of the first game, Alan Wake is still stuck in the Dark Place, the world that turns fiction into reality.
Meanwhile, Saga Anderson, an FBI Agent, arrives in Bright Falls, where Alan Wake was last seen, to investigate a series of seemingly connected murders. Her investigation eventually leads her to the Overlap, where the real world and the Dark Place intersect.
Alongside the titular character, you will also assume control of Saga Anderson, and the game will have you switch between the two characters to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
Furthermore, the two characters give different perspectives on the stories, and their gameplays also differ, with Alan Wake’s being more combat-oriented and Saga’s more investigative.
Alan Wake and Saga Anderson have two sets of unique chapters, and throughout your playthrough, you can switch between the two often.
This guide lists every chapter in Alan Wake 2, grouped by the two main characters.
*WARNING*: SPOILERS AHEAD!
All Chapters in Alan Wake 2
Saga Anderson Mission List
- Return 0: The Cult
- Saga Anderson arrives at a cult reunion at Cauldron Lake.
- Return 1
- Invitation: Saga returns to Cauldron Lake to investigate the cult and Alan Wake’s disappearance.
- Return 2: The Heart
- Saga goes into the Overlap to save Cauldron Lake.
- Return 3: Local Girl
- Saga investigates the disappearance of a local girl.
- Return 4: No Chance
- Saga tries to stop the cult from summoning an ancient evil and finds the town’s population under their control.
- Return 5: Old Gods
- Saga confronts the Old Gods
- Return 6: Scratch
- Saga finds herself trapped in a dangerous and twisted version of Bright Falls and must work with Alan Wake to find a way to escape the Darkness.
- Return 7: Summoning
- Saga and Alan travel to the Overlap to stop the cult from summoning an evil that will destroy the world.
- Return 8: Deerfest
- Saga and Alan return to Bright Falls, where a festival is taking place to celebrate the return of Alan.
- Return 9: Come Home
- Saga returns to her hometown to confront her past and the forces that haunt her.
Alan Wake Mission List
- Initiation 1: Late Night
- Alan Wake finds himself in a strange place and has no recollection of how he got there.
- Initiation 2: Casey
- Alan meets Agent Casey, who tells him about a conspiracy that Alan is a part of.
- Initiation 3: Haunting
- Alan must face nightmares from his past.
- Initiation 4: We Sing
- Alan is trapped in a cult ritual.
- Initiation 5: Room 665
- Alan is trapped in a mysterious room and must solve a series of puzzles to escape.
- Initiation 6: Return
- Alan returns to Cauldron Lake.
- Initiation 7: Masks
- Alan must come to terms with his true self.
- Initiation 8: Zane’s Film
- Alan watches a film by an old friend, which reveals secrets about his past and the events that led to his disappearance.
- Initiation 9: Gone
- Alan must find a way to return to the real world.