Ubisoft’s latest FPS Battle Royale title ‘Hyper Scape’ has been on PC open beta for a while now. But finally, Ubisoft has now confirmed that Hyper Scape season 1 kicks off on August 11th, and it is coming to PS4 and Xbox One.
But before the full release, Ubisoft will be changing some core features of the game. After receiving player feedback from the Open beta, the devs will be releasing Patch 0.5, where they will address one of the most concerning detail in the game that is the ‘time-to-kill’. Hyper Scape’s TTK is very high compared to other titles like Call of Duty: Warzone, and with the addition of hacks sometimes it can be very frustrating to completely finish a kill.
“We believe the core of the issue was indeed that weapons were not dealing enough damage, but also that the shooting windows of opportunity were rendered too short by the very strong presence of mobility or defensive Hacks. So, we have focused our changes on making the weapons more powerful, while preventing the Hacks from being used constantly to escape or eliminate opponents,” stated Ubisoft in their patch notes.
- Ripper: Damage increased to 13/13/13/13/15, up from 11/11/11/11/13.
- Riot One: Damage increased to 29/31/33/35/39, up from 26/29/31/34/38.
- Mammoth: Damage increased per pellet to 6/6/6/6/7, up from 5/5/5/5/7. The post-shoot animation has been improved to increase weapon reactivity.
- Protocol V: Damage decreased to 50/54/58/62/67, down from 50/58/65/73/80.
- Hexfire: Damage increased to 4/4/4/4/5, up from 3/3/3/3/4, rate of fire decreased to 900 RPM, down from 1000.
- Skybreaker: Damage increased to 50/54/58/62/67, up from 40/46/52/58/64, physical pushback decreased by 100%, Skybreaker now does High Environment Damages.
- Salvo: Damage decreased to 20/20/20/20/24, down from 27/27/27/27/34, increased explosion AoE to 4R, up from 3R, decreased Physical Pushback by 100%
- Komodo: Damage increased to 29/29/29/29/34, up from 25/25/25/25/30, explosion AoE increased to 2.5R, up from 1.5R, Physical Pushback decreased by 100%, now deals progressively less damage under 15m range.
- Mine: Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/11, up from 12/11/10/9/7s, damage decreased to 30/30/30/30/45, down from 50/50/50/50/75, projectile chase time decreased to 8s, down from 15s, projectile HP decreased to 60, down from 75, detection radius decreased to 12R, down from 15R, deploy duration decreased to 30s seconds, down from 60s, trigger timer increased to 1s, up from 0.5s.
- Wall: Duration decreased to 9 seconds, down from 25s, total deployed Wall limit decreased to 2, down from 5.
- Ball: Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 12/11/10/9/7s, duration decreased to 60s, down from 180s.
- Armor: Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/11, up from 14/13/12/11/9s.
- Slam: Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 12/11/10/9/7s, damage decreased to 20/20/20/20/30, down from 30/30/30/30/45.
- Invisibility: Cooldown increased to 16/15/14/13/11, up from 12/11/10/9/7s, duration decreased to 5s, down from 8s.
- Heal: Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 10/9/9/7/5s, duration to 9s, down from 15s.
- Shockwave: Damage decreased to 10/10/10/10/15, down from 20/20/20/20/30, cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 10/9/9/7/5s.
- Teleport: Cooldown increased to 14/13/12/11/9s, up from 12/11/10/9/7s.
The patch also includes nerfs to the Sector Decay Damage Showdown Multiplier (decreased to x3 from x7) and some server stability improvements.