VALORANT Error Code VAN 9002 is a common problem that players face while starting up the game. In this article, we will be discussing what Error Code VAN 9002 is and how to fix it.
VALORANT is a First-Person Tactical Shooter game released by the popular developer Riot Games. As VALORANT is an online video game, it is prone to bugs, errors, and crashes. Whenever players face any problem with VALORANT, the game displays messages containing error codes.
However, the error codes in the message may seem very confusing as it does not actually guide the players to solve those errors. Instead, it just displays numeric values from 0 to 152 in the message. Every code has a different connotation and reason behind the cause that players face.
One of the common error codes is Error Code VAN 9002. Many VALORANT players have faced Error Code VAN 9002 without having prior knowledge of what it is, what it does, and how to solve it. So, in this article, we will walk through the process of solving Error Code VAN 9002.
Read More: How to Fix VALORANT Error Code VAN 138
What is VALORANT Error Code VAN 9002?
VALORANT Error Code VAN 9002 is one of the more unique errors you can encounter in VALORANT. It mostly occurs when you are just starting up the game.
Error Code VAN 9002 refers to This build of Vanguard requires Control Flow Guard (CFG) to be enabled in system exploit protection settings. To be more precise, it occurs mostly when Vanguards detects any missing CFG from your system.
How to Fix (A complete step-by-step guide)
If you see Error Code VAN9002 when attempting to log into VALORANT, it’s likely because you have Windows Exploit Protection disabled. To get yourself back in the game, you must enable Exploit Protection on your machine.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Click the Search icon next to the Start Menu icon on your desktop’s taskbar.
- Type exploit protection into the search bar.
- Click on Exploit protection to open system settings.
- In the System settings tab, you’ll find the following settings:
Control flow guard (CFG)
Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
Force randomization for image (Mandatory ASLR)
Randomized memory allocation (Bottom-up ASLR)
Validate exception chains (SEHOP)
Validate heap integrity
NOTE: You may have to scroll down to find all the settings. Make sure all of the above settings are set to Use default, as shown below.
- Once a setting has been changed, the phrase This change requires you to restart your device will appear under it.
- Before restarting, we’ll take a couple more steps to ensure your device is ready. Go to the Program settings tab.
- Scroll through the list of applications with customized settings. If you find any that contain Riot Games, Riot Vanguard, VALORANT, or any other Riot titles, click on that entry to open its dropdown menu.
- Click Remove. Do the same for each entry on the list that contains Riot Games, Riot Vanguard, VALORANT, or any other Riot titles.
- Restart your device for changes to take effect.
If you follow these steps carefully, your problem regarding VALORANT Error Code VAN 9002 will be resolved. However, if your problem isn’t resolved after following all these steps, you can create a ticket from the VALORANT Support page.
Read More: How to Fix VALORANT Error Code VAN 152