Many players from the VALORANT Community often encounter Error Codes 8 through 21 when starting up their game. In this article, we will be discussing what it is and how to fix it.
Like most online games, it is not uncommon for VALORANT to run into various errors. And whenever the game encounters an error, the game client notifies you about the error through an error code message.
However, displaying only a few digits leaves players confused about what the error codes signify. We’ll be diving into the details of VALORANT Error code 8-21 (VAL 8-21) in this article.
What is VALORANT Error Code 8-21?
This range of VALORANT Error Codes is one of the more uncommon errors you can encounter in VALORANT. The number displayed next to the error code starts from 8 and goes all the way up to 21. However, they all have the same general meaning. It occurs mostly when you are just starting up the game.
Error Code 8-21 stands for Problems with the Riot Client. This means that for some reason, the Client is having issues authenticating your account, logging in to the game, connecting to servers, etc.
How to Fix (A complete step-by-step guide)
The fix to the VALORANT Error Code 8-21 is very simple. Since the code means that the Riot Client is facing problems, a simple restart is an easy fix for it. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- First, close the game and exit the Riot Client
- Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift +Esc) and check to see if they are fully closed
- You might need to select “More Details” to see all the running apps
- Find and close any instance of the Riot Client or VALORANT if visible
- Startup the Riot client again and Log in to the game
- If the problem persists, try restarting your PC, and that should solve the issue
Fixing this issue can range from a minor inconvenience to several minutes of loading. Players with older systems will find this very annoying. But you can rest assured that VALORANT Error Code 8-21 is nothing too concerning.