The Puget Altus Error is the talk of the community as it is plaguing Warzone 2.0 and Modern Warfare 2. In this article, we’ll discuss why this error occurs and what you can do to fix it.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is the most anticipated sequel of MW (2019). The game is available on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms. It has been built on the new and improved IW engine, which was previously used for MW (2019) and Vanguard (2021).
Although the IW engine is significantly optimized, it has its share of problems. One of the most persistent problems is server-related issues. The recent Puget Altus error plaguing the game is also a server error. However, we have the easiest fix for this error.
What is the Puget Altus Error?
The Puget Altus error is a client-side error that prevents players from accessing online services in Warzone 2.0 and Modern Warfare 2. The error might seem like a player-sided problem, however, it is only a server-sided problem that usually happens when there is a lack of maintenance.
How to Fix Puget Altus Error
The Puget Altus Error is easily fixable, follow the steps below to get rid of this error:
- Firstly, check Warzone 2.0 server status.
- If the servers are functioning properly, check if you have updated the game to the latest version.
- Now, if your game is updated and servers are running properly, check whether your Internet Connection is okay.
- If your internet is down, restart your router and wait for a few minutes.
- Reboot your PC, and start your game.
If the error is still persistent, update your Windows to the latest patch following these steps:
- Update Windows:
- Go to Settings> Update & Security> Download update.
- After downloading the update, restart your PC and open up the game.
These steps should prevent your MW2 and Warzone 2.0 from getting the Puget Altus Error. However, if you still face this issue after following all these steps, you should contact Activision support and wait for them to release a permanent fix.