Can you play Helldivers 2 in first-person mode? Let’s find out.
Helldivers 2 is a four-person co-op shooter developed by Arrowhead Studios. This is a successor of the original title released in 2015. While the original Helldivers was designed from a top-down POV, the latest title aimed for a change. Helldivers 2 lets players enjoy the enthralling fight in a third-person view.
In Helldivers 2, your objective is to defeat various types of alien creatures and defend your galaxy. The third-person view surely offers an expanded version of the predecessor. The surroundings seem much closer, and the enemies look even bigger. This sure is fun. However, if you are a fan of first-person shooters, you may wish to have that perspective on Halldivers 2.
Read More: Helldivers 2 not Starting on PC: How to Fix.
Does Helldivers 2 Support First-Person Mode?
Helldivers 2 is mainly a third-person shooter. There is no way to change the view mode completely. However, you can switch to first-person mode only while aiming down the sights. The neat part is that you can do this on the fly by using a predefined button.
How to Toggle First-Person Mode
You can switch between third-person POV and first-person POV while aiming down the sights with weapons. The default button on the PC is the Middle Mouse. However, you can change the button as per your liking.
To do so, follow these methods:
- Go to Options.
2. Find the Controller tab.
3. Click on the Change Keybinds option in the scroll list on the right side.
4. Now select the Combat tab from the new list.
5. Look for the Switch Aim Mode option.
6. Change the button as per your preference. By default, it’s the Middle Mouse Button.
Now, you can change the view mode to first person while aiming down the sight. However, you will need to toggle it every time you want to do so. However, you can change this to set your ADS option to first-person mode permanently.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to Options.
2. Find the Gameplay tab.
3. Change the Remember Aim Mode settings to Global. This will remember your last used view mode for all weapons and use that the next time. Using this setting, your weapons will always ADS to first-person mode after toggling it for once.
Switching to first-person mode will give you higher precision while aiming. However, you will lose some maneuverability. So, try to mix it up while fighting enemies and find what suits the best for you.