Wukong had been missing from Riots’ update radar for quite some time now. His play-rate is so low that op.gg doesn’t even have is stats. Although Riot did his VFX update back in 9.4, they didn’t buff him ever since other than some bug fixes.
According to u.gg, Wukong has a 52.02% win rate with just 0.5% play-rate which is lower than most of the champions. His jungle and mid win rate are 45.04% and 53.91% with a pick rate of 0.7% and 0.4%.
Riot Lutzburg has informed that they have made some good progress on Wukong and they are excited to show him to all on the PBE which will likely be the first week of January.
Goals of this update are:
- To Shift Wukong’s power towards the early game and away from the late game, while remaining roughly power neutral in the long run
- Giving Wukong players the tools they need to feel competitively viable in early lane phase/jungle
- To create new outplay opportunities that enhance Wukong’s identity as a tricky, uniquely mobile skirmisher with a hit-and-run combat pattern
Riot is planning to reduce his mana cost, provide his a powerful passive and higher R power. They aim to provide viable build paths for both Assassin/Lethality and Bruiser itemization.
- Related Topic: Thresh Visual Effects Update For Patch 10.1 Confirmed
New Changes are:
Passive- Stone Skin:
- NEW- For 3 seconds after exiting brush or stealth, Wukong gains a physical damage shield equal to 12% of his maximum health. This effect can trigger once every 10 seconds.
- REMOVED- Wukong no longer gains bonus resistances based on nearby enemy Champions
Q- Wuju Strike:
- Mana cost lowered to 25 from 40
- CD reduced by 1 second at all ranks
- Damage adjusted to 1AD +20/40/60/80/100 damage (+.5 bonus AD) from 10/40/70/100/130 (+1/1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4 total AD)
W- Warrior Trickster:
- Now instantly dashes towards the player’s cursor instead of a short-range blink
- Dash is 350 range and 1200 speed. Can NOT go over walls
- Clone is now treated as a stationary Champion and will attack nearby enemies, prioritizing the last enemy Wukong damaged
- Clone’s attacks deal a scaling 60-100% of Wukong’s AD based on spell rank and apply on-hit effects, but cannot crit
- The clone looks identical to Wukong’s animation state on spawn and animates as if he pressed the “S” key
- Cooldown increased to 24/21/18/15/12 sec (from the time of initial cast) from 18/16/14/12/10 (from the time the clone disappears)
- Stealth duration reduced to 1 sec from 1.5
- Note: you may encounter a few bugs with the clone’s target acquisition- we’re working on these!
E- Nimbus Strike:
- Now deals magic damage instead of physical (but still scales with Attack Damage)
- Tick rate increased to every .25 seconds from .5 (damage per tick halved to compensate)
- Each tick of damage now applies Conqueror
- Damage ratio increased to 1.25 AD/sec from 1.1
- Bonus MS% is now a flat 30/40/50% instead of ramping up over the duration
- E’s attack speed buff renews itself while R is active
- Wukong can now cancel R early by casting another ability or recasting R
His new E is definitely going to increase Wukong’s early damage while his new Shield from passive will make him a lot stronger in the team fights as well. His W also dashes instantly towards cursor so it will help him a lot to dodge skill shots or close the gap instantly.