Before the launch of Operation Shadow legacy, Ubisoft stated that they will be removing the vote-to-kick option from their Casual playlist sometime during this season. And that time has finally arrived, as with the new Y5S3.1 patch, Ubisoft will be removing this misused feature.
The vote-to-kick option was only present in the Quick Match playlist, which is basically a fun and casual mode for Siege players who don’t want intense Ranked experience. This playlist attracts all kinds of players, and some of them can be very toxic. These players can stack up with other toxic individuals and use the vote-to-kick option to kick out players for no reason at all, ruining the experience for other players.
We’ve been monitoring the use of vote-to-kick and have found that it has since strayed from its original intent, leaning towards a more toxicity-related use case. With the numerous RFF conditions in place, as well as the improved player-reporting panel, we feel the original need for vote-to-kick should be fulfilled by these other options for reporting toxic players instead.
Ubisoft believes that this feature is being misused, and removing it will reduce the frustration of many players being kicked back to the lobby without any proper reason.
With Patch Y5S3.1, the devs also introduced a backlog of bug fixes from the TS, which didn’t make it into the live servers before. Check out the full patch notes down below:
In this update we will be removing the vote-to-kick feature from Quick Match (vote-to-kick was previously only available in Quick Match.)
We’ve been monitoring the use of vote-to-kick for the last seasons and have confirmed that it is indeed a highly abused feature used as a disruption tool and that it is considered by most to be a pain point in this playlist. Considering that it brings more tension to Quick Match, we decided to turn it off.
- FIXED – Mismatched SFX when picking up a hard breach charge gadget.
- FIXED – Operator shields will flip in first person POV after swapping out the shield and performing a melee attack.
- FIXED – Various clipping/dynamic clipping issues.
- FIXED – Various issues with assets/props on maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various minor caster mode details.
- FIXED – Various vault issues.
- FIXED – Various vault issues on Chalet.
- FIXED – Jukebox in 1F Bar on Chalet can be vaulted onto.
- FIXED – Various drone collision issues on Chalet allowing drones to go OOB/OOW, or blocking drones.
- FIXED – Defuser can’t be picked up if dropped behind the boiler in B Main Garage on Chalet.
- FIXED – Defuser can’t be picked up if dropped in certain spots on Chalet after forcing collision.
- FIXED – Defuser can’t be picked up if dropped in a specific spot on EXT Helipad Trail of Chalet.
- FIXED – Drones are not destroyed when thrown OOB on Chalet.
- FIXED – Issues with Secure Area mode in 1F Fireplace on Chalet.
- FIXED – Operator can go OOB by forcing collision in EXT Helipad Trail of Chalet.
- FIXED – Players can’t vault down to B Backyard stairs on Chalet.
- FIXED – Potentially exploitable position on Chalet.
- FIXED – Some gadgets float when attached to solarium windows on Chalet.
- FIXED – The table in B Wine Cellar of Chalet can’t be damaged by explosives.
- FIXED – Sensitivity for Zero’s Argus Camera on controllers is higher than intended.
- FIXED – Inconsistent replication for Zero’s Piercing Camera for players who have reconnected to the game
- FIXED – Multiple damage decals from Zero’s camera when deployed on certain surfaces.
- FIXED – Visual issues with Zero’s Argus Launcher reticule and crosshair while hipfiring and ADS, respectively.
- FIXED – Zero’s Argus Launcher crosshairs are not being affected by the disable state when inside Mute’s jammer AOE.
- FIXED – Zero’s Piercing Camera can be deployed multiple times in the same spot.
- FIXED – Zero’s Piercing Camera floats if deployed on a barricade that later has its perimeter destroyed.
- FIXED – Clash’s shield animation can be stopped by pressing any spring/shoot buttons.
- FIXED – When using Iana’s Gemini, her 1.5x and 2.0x scopes will change to a different scope on the Gemini.
- FIXED – Scopes are held closer to Nokk’s face when prone when her HEL is active.
- FIXED – ADS Sensitivity settings are not being saved after restarting on console.
- FIXED – In custom matches, duplicate pings can occur when switching sides.
- FIXED – Missing SFX while in support mode after dying.
- FIXED – Various issues lost in-game voice chat functionality.
- FIXED – Various issues with in-game voice chat.
- FIXED – Various minor bugs in PvE.
- FIXED – Various UI/HUD issues.
- FIXED – Various visual cosmetic/shop issues.