The recent VALORANT 1.09 patch is here and it made some massive changes to the Operator. We also saw some other nerfs and buffs including Jett, Reyna, Viper, and Breach.
VALORANT is a 5v5 team-based first-person shooter with abilities. Two teams fight to either plant a spike or defuse it. The agents in each team have certain abilities that help players gain an edge over their opponents.
The Operator is a gun is VALORANT that plays similar to the AWP in CS: GO. The Operator has been meta ever since players started understanding about it’s potential. But we also heard a lot of complaints about the Operator being OP. Seems like Riot also thinks the same as the Operator received some nerfs in the VALORANT 1.09 patch. We also saw some nerfs and buffs to some agents as well but the main focus of this VALORANT 1.09 patch will be the Operator nerf.
The operator saw changes to its price, equip time, scope movement, fire rate. Jett and Reyna got some changes to their Ultimate abilities. Viper and Brimstone got a buff to their abilities. These are the main things that changed in this patch 1.09.
VALORANT 1.09 Patch Notes:
- Price increased from 4,500 to 5,000
- Scope movement speed from 76% to 72%
- Fire rate 0.75 to 0.6
- Equipping time from 0.3 seconds to 0.5
- Leg shot damage 127 damage to 120
- Scope dead-zone accuracy falloff from 30% to 15% while zooming
- Visual changes to make Paranoia VFX clearer
- Blade Storm damage amplifier changed from 3x to 2x while headshotting with RMB
- Damage reduction if enemy is further than 12 metres
- Delay between RMB shots increased from 0.33 seconds to 0.45
- Decreased fire rate from 25% to 15% while using Empress
- Toxic fuel at the start of round changed from 50 to 100
- Snake Bite armor debuff continues for few seconds after stop standing on the poison
- Walks twice as fast and can change weapons faster while using Viper’s Pit
- Stim Beacon fire rate increased from 10% to 15%