VALORANT patch notes for 1.08 is finally here and we got a lot of changes including Raze blast pack nerf, Guardian buff, some map rotation changes, and more.
Riot Games has finally dropped the patch notes for the upcoming 1.08 update. In this update, Raze is getting a slight nerf to her Blast Packs. The guardian is getting a fire rate buff and also a price reduction to make the players feel good when using it. Some map rotation changes have also been made to ensure proper randomness in the map selection.
Below are the full patch notes for 1.08
- Initial damage reduced to 15 with a .2 meter inner radius, falling off to 5 minimum damage.
- Once the satchel lands, it arms after .5 seconds, increasing it’s max damage to 50.
- Shooting the Blast Pack causes it to detonate, dealing its current damage amount.
- Satchel no longer does damage allies.
- Raze’s Blast Pack has been dishing out damage without giving enemies much counterplay. This change should help make it very clear when Blast Pack’s damage poses a threat while maintaining the utility aspects of the Blast Pack that players have begun to master. The Blast Pack now does not ‘fizzle’ when shot and will still do damage, meaning it should still be approached carefully if in lethal range.
- Price reduced from 2500 >>> 2400
- Improved Rate of fire from 4.75 >>> 5.25 RPS (rounds per second)
- Improved weapon recovery from .35 after 3 bullets to .2925 after 3 bullets
- We don’t think the Guardian can (or should) compete directly with the Phantom or Vandal but we’d like it to have a place where players can feel good opting into the gun at the new price, is a competitive purchase in certain economic circumstances or map scenarios, and isn’t as punishing when an enemy gets close!
MAP ROTATION CHANGES
It’s happening! The possible pool of maps you can get placed on is now ‘pseudo-random’ rather than pure random. What that means is if you just played, say, Haven, the matchmaker will deprioritize that map in your next game.
- Matchmaking queue for all modes has been updated to measure all your recently played maps, throughout all modes, so that for any given queue you:
- Have a better chance of playing on a map you haven’t played recently
- Are much less likely to play on the same map several games in a row
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded
- Full screen blind for observers can be turned back on in the options, for all you masochists
- Minimap performance improvements
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules
- Prime Classic VFX fixed
- There was a bug in which upgrade Prime levels (2–4) were not playing the correct tracers, sound fx, and other VFX
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies
VALORANT Patch Notes 1.08 Video
Here is the video that shows all of the changes made in VALORANT 1.08 patch.