Riot has planned to release VALORANT Episode 3 ACT 1 in about 4 days. The new Episode will see the return of some highly requested features back to the game. Additionally, Initiator agent KAY/O will be introduced with the new update.
Ahead of the scheduled update, a leak from Mike-Valorant Leaks & Info suggests that prices of abilities are also subjected to change. VALORANT meta requires changes to preserve the competitiveness and overall gameplay quality of the game. Given that Stage 3 Masters in Berlin is just a few months away, Riot is obviously planning to implement the changes without wasting any time.
Previously, a report from the same source indicated some alterations in weapons prices. Now, the leaked ability prices are also suggesting that Episode 3 will bring a massive overhaul to the core gameplay. Given that the leaks are accurate, almost all ability prices in the game will be modified.
Updated Ability prices
- Coldbrust: 100 >>> 200
- Updraft: 100 >>> 150
- Blade Storm: 6 >>> 7
- Shrouded Step: 100 >>> 150
- Paranioa: 400 >>> 300
- Dark Cover: 1 Smoke will be free, the other one will cost 100. Smoke regeneration time: 40s
- Incendiary: 200 >>> 250
- Blindside: 200 >>> 250
- Trailblazer: 200 >>> 250
- Guiding Light: 100 >>> 150 ( Only 2 charges with an added regeneration timer of 40 seconds)
- Owl Drone: 300 >>> 400
- Shock Bolt: 100 >>> 150
- Hunter’s Fury: Ultimate Point 7 >>> 8
- Slow Orb: 100 >>> 200
- Ressurection: Ultimate Point 7 >>> 8
- Aftershock: 100 >>> 200 ( 3 Shocks consisting of 60 damage will be delivered )
- Flashpoint: 200 >>> 250 ( Charges reduced from 3 to 2 )
- Leer: 200 >>> 250
- Curve Ball: 200 >>> 250
- Snake Bite: 100 >>> 200
- Boombot: 200 >>> 400
- Showstopper: Ultimate Points 7 >>> 8
- Neural Theft: 7 >>> 6
- Astral Form: 200 >>> 150 ( Starting Stars decreased from 2 to 1 )
These new changes in ability prices are surely going to impact the game in a unique fashion. Sova, Sage, Jett & Skye players might have to adjust to a totally different type of economic management. Once again Riot listened to the community’s demand and decreased the price of Omen’s Paranoia. However, Raze players might have to be extra cautious when buying abilities since the new modifications seems to not favor the Brazilian agent.
In addition to the changes, Riot has also altered with Breach’s Aftershock, making it a passive and less threatening ability. Meanwhile, Cypher players won’t have to worry about Jett dashing through their carefully laid Tripwires, as the new update will make it invulnerable to Jett dash.