VALORANT patch notes for update 2.0 just went public. There have been changes made to the competitive system, weapons, and some Agents.
Riot Games recently released the patch notes for VALORANT update 2.0. In this update, a new Agent Yoru, has been added. The main star of this update is definitely Yoru, but changes have been made to Omen and Breach to differentiate the Controllers better. Some much-needed competitive changes have also been introduced. Additionally, Riot didn’t hesitate to address some bugs that the neighborhood brought up.
With all the changes made to the rank system and the introduction of a new Agent, this update seems to have a lot of potential to be good. Now, let’s get right on to the patch notes for Update 2.0 of VALORANT.
Read More: VALORANT dev confirms more changes incoming for Split favoring attackers
VALORANT 2.0 Patch Notes
Brimstone has received some much-needed buffs in this update. His Stim Beacon now has no equip-time and activates instantly. Brim’s Molotov also saw a cost reduction. His smokes had their range and radius received some buff as well. Brimstone also does not make any sound while confirming his smoke position, which can help him stay silent in some situations.
- Will now quick cast (no equip time)
- Cost reduced: $300 >>> $200
- Cast range increased: 4200 >>> 5000
- Smoke duration increased:14.25 >>> 19.25
- Brimstone no longer makes a sound that enemies can hear when confirming the location of his smokes.
Now, let’s talk about some Omen Nerfs. Omen’s Paranoia saw a price increase by double. His smokes now also have reduced speed. These changes were made to make Omen more viable in close range while also not taking away from his uniqueness.
- Cost increased: $200 >>> $400
- Projectile speed decreased: 4000 >>> 2800
As for weapon updates, everything stays the same except the Classic’s right-click. Jumping and right-clicking with the Classic has proven to be quite troublesome to deal with, so that got nerfed. The jumping error has been increased, and at the same time, spamming right-click fires slower than before. Spamming the burst shot now has a delay between each shot.
- Jumping error increased: .4 >>> 1.0
- Increased input queue on right-click: 0.065 >>> .225
- Firing consecutively now jumps in error, starting at 1.9 for the first burst, 2.5 for the second, and then the third/fourth burst will be at a 6.0
- Right-click now has a recovery curve starting at .1s
- The Classic is proving to be a master-of-none choice in pistol rounds, with the exception of jump right-clicks and spamming right-clicks. The spread changes aim to pull the effective range of the jump bursts, and the firing error/recovery aims to put some more finesse into how effective you can be while spamming it out. Input queue will help shots between bursts come out more smoothly.
Some much-needed competitive changes are coming out with this update. New region-based leaderboards have been introduced in VALORANT 2.0. You can now also see your rank progress represented by numerical numbers and a progress bar.
- New Competitive regional leaderboards (Jan. 12)
- The rank system was updated, including the rank progress bar, numerical progress, and further distribution changes to make it easier to climb out of the lower ranks.
- Immortal and Radiant ranks are now capped at a premade size of two.
- New ranked rewards for Episode 1 (pair of Gun Buddies based on your highest Act Rank achieved during Episode 1)
The add friend button has been removed from the in-game player list as people were accidentally clicking it while viewing the scoreboard.
The “Add Friend” button has been removed from the in-game player list
The bugs that were fixed in the VALORANT 2.0 update are given below-
- Fixed an issue where Omen could sometimes teleport past the buy phase barriers
- Fixed an issue where Omen could plant the Spike while elevated on a Sage wall
- Fixed an issue where players on the opposing team could be seen on the minimap long after leaving line of sight
- Fixed an issue where the desktop resolution was not restored after alt-tabbing from the game when playing in fullscreen mode at lower-than-native resolution. Thank you to player fl0m for bringing this to our attention!
- Fixed an issue introduced in the 1.14 patch that incorrectly calculated client ping by including client frame time in the calculation
The missing audio while viewing weapon skins has been addressed but not fixed, hopefully, in some next update.
This update will surely make climbing the ranks of VALORANT more enjoyable and allow players to enjoy the game even more.