Ubisoft just announced that they will be releasing their new Rainbow Six Siege update today on the live servers for PC only, with console update coming later.
The Y5S2.3 update was released on the Test Servers around two weeks ago, so the same balancing changes will now be introduced to the main build after being thoroughly tested. The changes include some operator buffs for Oryx, Gridlock, and Fuze and some addition to pushback damage to make it more consistent across the game. The devs already explained the reasoning behind these new changes in the recent Designer’s Notes, along with the balancing graphs.
This update will also help to make the notification system less spammy, and enable mandatory 2-step verification for ranked on PC in the APAC region. An important bug fix has also been made for IQ’s gadget which was not displaying the outline and distance of Melusi’s Banshees.
Check out the Y5S2.3 patch notes down below (via Ubisoft):
If you’ve ever stepped on a Lego…this hurts worse. By making her gadget a bit more enjoyable to use, we’re looking to make Gridlock players’ lives a bit easier.
- Lowered Gridlock’s Caltrop deployment time to 9s (down from 13s).
- Lowered the individual Caltrops deployment time to 0.45s (down from 0.7s).
- Lowered the range of random deploy variation to 0.05s (down from 0.1s).
- Added a delay of 0.45s before the deployment sequence starts (previously no delay).
The Rainbow 🐐 has goat to dash. We want to let Oryx make more use of his dash, and added mobility and durability will hopefully make him a bit more fun to play.
- Using his dash through a soft wall will not deplete all the dash charges.
- Increased Dash refresh time to 12s (up from 8s).
- Dash recovery time for all dashes is now 0.5s. (Previous recovery times: soft wall = 1s, enemy = 0.7s).
Hide the hostages! Giving Fuze a bit more presence and utility with an additional charge.
- Increased the number of cluster charges to 4 (up from 3)
To maintain consistency with softwall interactions, we’re giving enemies that are pushed through walls the same feedback as when Oryx dashes through them.
- When pushed through a wall by Nomad’s airjabs or Oryx’s dash, players will receive the same feedback and rtake the same damage (5 hp) as when Oryx dashes through a soft wall.
- FIXED – Missing anchoring decals from Ace’s SELMA.
- FIXED – Ace’s SELMA can get stuck when thrown in a certain way at some beams, becoming unrecoverable.
- FIXED – While grappling through a window or hatch, Amaru can aim faster with her LMG if she times her sprint and ADS buttons just prior to landing.
- FIXED – IQ’s gadget will not display the outline and distance of Melusi’s Banshees.
- FIXED – Zofia’s concussion grenades are impacted by external explosions and can bounce away from the target location.
- FIXED – Flattening the doorframes and windows on all maps.
- FIXED – Floating and indestructible wooden squares after destroying some walls on Yacht.
- FIXED – Gunshot sounds are muffled when shooting from inside 1F Technical Seating of Plane.
- FIXED – Various menu/UI fixes.
- FIXED – Various cosmetics fixes.
- FIXED – Various Lighting issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various shop visual and cosmetic fixes.
- FIXED – (PvE) Interaction between Ace’s gadget and AI.