Ubisoft has released the mid-season Y6S1.3 Patch on the Rainbow Six Siege Test Server, introducing crucial balancing changes and bug fixes.
As explained in the Designer’s Notes, Patch Y6S1.3 will be bringing some much-needed balancing changes to the game. The most-played operator, Jäger, is getting another nerf, while the least-played operator Tachanka is receiving a much-required buff.
The nerfs to Jäger include his AR’s ammo capacity getting reduced to 25+1 (from 30+1) and an increase in vertical recoil of the gun. On the other hand, the devs are making Tachanka’s Shumikha Launcher stronger in every way possible to increase his presence. The Shumikha Launcher will now have more capacity, a bigger fire radius, increased duration, and more.
The devs also have fixed the weird bug, which allowed the planted defuser to be moved with 2 drones. Other than that, Patch Y6S1.3 is bringing some quality-of-life changes, including the option to disable some hud parameters for a cinematic look and some adjustments to match-cancellation that can now only be triggered during the Preparation Phase in the first round.
Patch Y6S1.3 is now available on the PC Test Server, and Ubisoft has confirmed that a “wider array of changes and fixes” will be added to this Patch closer to its live release.
Y6S1.3 Patch Notes (via Ubisoft):
- Replaced Smoke Grenades with Claymore
- The S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher destroys Mira’s Black Mirror window
- Reduced the C7E magazine capacity to 25+1 bullets (from 30+1)
- Reduced the C7E damage to 42 (from 46)
- Reduced the 416-C magazine capacity to 25+1 (from 30+1)
- Increased the 416-C vertical kick
- Increased the magazine capacity to 7 (from 5)
- Increased the fire duration to 7s (from 5s)
- Reduced the detonation time to 0.75s (from 1s)
- Increased the fire area radius to 1.9m (from 1.7m)
- Increased the projectile “distance to start drop” to 20m (from 8m)
- Increased the projectile speed to 30 (from 20)
- Reduced the equip time to 0.65s (from 0.9s)
- Reduced the unequip time to 0.3s (from 0.42s)
- Replace Claymore with Smoke Grenades
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTSGAME BALANCING
Designated Marksman Rifle (ATTACKERS)
- Removed access to 1.0x scopes
- Gave access to 1.5x, 2.0x, and 2.5x scopes
- Added 3.0x as default scope
Removal of Tactical Realism
- Removed the Tactical Realism playlist type from Custom Games.
- Added Interface Preferences to the Options menu that allow players to enable and disable some HUD parameters.
- All Tactical Realism playlists that have been saved by players will be removed.
Ranked Match Cancellation
- A vote to cancel a match can only be triggered during the Preparation Phase in the first round of the match.
- When a player refrains from voting, it is considered a “no” vote instead of not being counted.
- The vote is still decided by the majority, with ties going in favor of a cancel.
- FIXED – Attackers can use 2 drones to push the planted defuser inside the objective room.
- FIXED – The drone can see through the curtains above the window near 1F Red Stairs on Villa map.
- FIXED – Doorway on the eastern side of 2F Bedroom is blocked if the player is AFK on Club House map.
- FIXED – Player is able to glitch inside of the car located in Garage on House map.
- FIXED – Drones get stuck inside the pile of wood in EXT Stable on Villa map.
- FIXED – Payphones have no collision with Operators on Outback map.
- FIXED – The spotlight in 1F Waiting Room no longer illuminates the environment when looking at it from 1F Customs Inspection on Border map.
- FIXED – Defenders can be detected outdoors when they stand near the door frame in 1F Waiting room on Border map.
- FIXED – Echo’s Yokai and captured drones lose their signal on the stairs in B Snowmobile Garage Corridor on Chalet map.
- FIXED – When Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, its HUD remains on screen.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and UI issues.
- FIXED – Various Audio, SFX and Animation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Enabling RAW input affects mouse movement randomly.
- FIXED – Infinite loading present if the player starts a match replay and enters the Options menu before the Operator reveal is over.
Read More: Ubisoft Forward event set to return for E3 2021