Rainbow Six Siege will be getting a new update today, but it will be available for PC users only.
Ubisoft recently released the Y6S1.2 Patch on the Test Server, and now it is ready to be rolled out on the live servers. The new update will drop on PC today, April 13th, at 1 PM UTC, and the server maintenance will last for approximately 30 minutes.
- Read More: Siege Dev clarifies the total defuse timer after G2 vs Empire match
The new Y6S1.2 Patch will be introducing some important bug fixes, such as the ‘Yellow-Ping’ bug. Siege players recently found that they were unable to place yellow pings or mark gadgets when standing close to a railing or object. Some sort of invisible barrier seemed to be blocking the ping markers.
However, with Patch Y6S1.2, the devs have mitigated this issue, alongside other bugs, such as a “Defender exploit preventing match cancellations”.
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform:
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.28 GB
- Steam: 895 MB
Ubisoft also stated that “for consoles, the Y6S1.2 and Y6S1.3 updates will be bundled together and released when the 1.3 patch is ready.”
Y6S1.2 Patch Notes (via Ubisoft):
- FIXED — Ping marker doesn’t appear if the player aims too close to the edge of an asset.
- FIXED — Defenders can prevent a match cancellation by prematurely ending the round.
- FIXED — Defenders are detected by Proximity Alarm if a Defender is eliminated while throwing one.
- FIXED — Multiple destruction, texture, and clipping issues on various maps.
- FIXED — Various instances of Operators’ legs clipping through maps.
- FIXED – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Frost’s Welcome Mat is clipping through the two rugs at 1F Mudroom on Chalet map.
- FIXED – Kapkan can deploy a trap inside the desk near 2F Break Room on Border map.
- FIXED — Various LOS, navigation, and clipping issues on Outback map.
- FIXED — Defenders get detected outside when standing in the doorway between 1F Lobby and 1F Courtyard on Coastline map.
- FIXED — Team kills from the RCE-Ratero Charge aren’t treated as an exemption and will activate RFF on Flores.
- FIXED — The first-person animation when vaulting with a shield is different than the third-person animation.
- FIXED — Aruni’s special melee attacks do not break the glass of some bookcases but will destroy objects behind them.
- FIXED — If Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge is deployed next to a drone and the player enters Observation Tools at the same time that the RCE-Ratero Charge explodes, the RCE and drone HUDs will stay on screen for a second.
- FIXED — Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED — Various Audio and SFX issues throughout the game.
- FIXED — Host cannot kick another player in a Custom Game.