Ubisoft has just released Rainbow Six Siege Patch Y6S1.1 on the PC live servers, and it brings a lot of important fixes to the game.
With the Y6S1 Crimson Heist update, a lot of new bugs and exploits were introduced, which went under the dev’s eyes during the Test Server period. And now, Ubisoft is making things right by fixing these important issues that include the recoil bug, knife peek exploit, match cancellation abuse, and more.
The recoil bug was introduced with the new season, and it was causing the vertical recoil to stop or slow down while spraying with a gun. This weird recoil bug was messing up with the player’s muscle memory, as they were unintentionally overcompensating the recoil. However, with Patch Y6S1.1, this issue seems to be mitigated.
Alongside this, the devs have also fixed the ‘Knife Peek’ exploit, which was caused by the new ‘Lean Reset’ system, and allowed players to peek corners while lean knifing to get an unfair perspective advantage.
As promised by Ubisoft, the new “Streamer Mode” has been added to the game; however, it will only work in preventing queue sniping as of now. But, a more robust streamer mode is coming in the future. Alongside this, Ubisoft has also changed the “Charms Menu” that can now be sorted by rarity and alphabetical order. However, this is a temporary fix, and a fully revamped version of the Charms selection is coming in the future.
Y6S1.1 PATCH SIZE
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- Ubisoft Connect:
- 1.56 GB if live build was installed with HD PACK
- 1.44 GB if live build was installed without HD PACK
- Steam: 1.1 GB
- Xbox One: 1.31 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.84 GB
- PS4: 1.57 GB
- PS5: 1.62 GB
Check out the full Y6S1.1 Patch Notes down below: (via Ubisoft)
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Streamer Mode preferences have been added to the Options menu.
- They allow streamers to hide the region and latency info on their screen from viewers and enable a hidden matchmaking delay to prevent queue sniping.
Charms Loadout Menu
- The charms in the operator album and player loadout menus will now be sort by rarity and alphabetical order. This is a temporary fix while waiting for those sections to be properly revamped.
- FIXED – Title enters infinite loading after cinematic of situation Cold Zero while in PlayGo.
- FIXED – Players can fast peek around corners by leaning and knifing the air.
- FIXED – Bailiff 410 handgun awards Battle Pass progress to the “Close Quarters” shotgun challenge instead of the “Handgun Eliminations” challenge.
- FIXED – Vertical recoil stops/drop down sometimes when a player tries to compensate it.
- FIXED – Player can avoid Match Cancellation Penalty if their entire team is self-eliminated and the player reconnects during the end of round.
- FIXED – Multiple misplaced assets, clipping, and collision issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Multiple exploitable gaps on various maps.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Multiple texture issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Various lighting issues on Border map.
- FIXED – Various asset issues in Spectator mode.
- FIXED – Attacker drones spawn inside the AC unit box on the roof of EXT Pedestrian Customs.
- FIXED – Montagne hip fire cone is too small after the shield is unextended.
- FIXED – Flores’ weapon clips through his Claymore if the player equips it after the detonation of the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – RCE-Ratero Charge that is anchored to a wall will change its position if caught by a Pest that is also anchored to the wall.
- FIXED – Mira can deploy the Black Mirror over part of an indestructible wall in 1F Workshop on Border map.
- FIXED – Maestro’s Evil Eye camera is obstructed when the device is deployed on the floor.
- FIXED – Flores’ RCE-Ratero Charge HUD can be seen during end of round and MVP if activated just before the round ends.
- FIXED – The RCE-Ratero Charge HUD will appear red if one of Flores’ drones is destroyed at the same time that he deployed the RCE-Ratero Charge.
- FIXED – Replay access is disabled after quitting a match replay.
- FIXED – The ticker overlaps with the loadout bar in the Caster HUD.
- FIXED – When the player enters Observation Tools and switches their stance, there are discrepancies in the first and third person views.
- FIXED – Missing the in-game notification that occurs when a player levels up a Ubisoft account.
- FIXED – Watch section does not refresh when player leaves a Squad.
- FIXED – Various UI and navigation issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Minor cosmetic and shop fixes.
- FIXED – Multiple VFX are pixelated with the latest NVIDIA Drivers 461.72.
- FIXED – Wrong description appears in the Premium Battle Pass purchase panel when the player has already reached Tier 98 or above.
Rainbow Six Siege Patch Y6S1.1 is now available for PC, and will drop on consoles at a later date.