Ubisoft recently announced their newly reworked operator Tachanka, which will be coming to Rainbow Six Siege with Patch Y5S3.3. But Ubisoft didn’t stop there, as they will be introducing new mid-season balancing changes and also changing Shield Operator’s interactions.
Getting ready for the second coming of the lord.
- Tachanka rework
- Removed the 1.5x scope from Tachanka’s 9x19VSN
- Reduce the number of S.E.L.M.A. Aqua Breacher explosions to 2 (from 3).
“Our investigation on his performance led us to witness that his hard-breaching gadgets are very effective and have less downsides than Thermite for a similar result,” stated Ubisoft in their Designer’s Notes.
“With this change we aim to reduce the presence of the Operator, maintain Thermite as a credible alternative and to invite Ace players to think twice when placing S.E.L.M.A. on a reinforced wall.”
- Adding MP5 as a primary weapon (Removing T-5).
- Optics available on the MP5: Red Dot, Holographic, Reflex.
“Melusi’s performance is extremely solid as she boasts a very high presence and Win Delta in defense. We gathered feedback on this outstanding performance to investigate which balancing lever would make more sense.”
“The T-5 is currently on of the best Defender weapon and we felt that switching it for the MP5 should lead to an adequate performance reduction. Additionally, only 1.0x optics will be available on the MP5. This should slightly reduce her versatility and ability to win gunfights.”
- Adding T-5 as a primary weapon (Removing MP5).
- Optics available on the T-5: Red Dot, Holographic, Reflex, Scope 1.5x.
“Contrary to the change we did with Melusi, Oryx was suffering from having an underwhelming weapon which turned out to be detrimental to performance in firefights.”
“Thanks to the T-5, which has proven to be excellent for other roamers, but also with the addition of the Scope 1.5x we are fairly confident that Oryx should see some improvements in that area.”
- Added the ITA12S as a secondary weapon.
“We hope that by adding a secondary shotgun to her loadout she will benefit from being a bit more versatile, but also to be able to create new pathways to place her Welcome Mats, such as rotation holes requiring Attackers to vault their way in.”
- Reduced vision recovery time to 0.4s (down from 1s)
- Reduced movement penalization by 50% to 12s (up from 6s)
“At the moment, we are only trying to help Timur find a middle ground to boost the usefulness of his gadget to make him slightly easier to use and a bit closer to other Attackers in terms of performance.”
TCSG12 + ACS12
- Damage drop-off has been made more progressive to reach minimal damage at 50m (instead of 20m).
- Damage at max range increased to 68% (up from48%)
- Suppressor damage penalization normalized to -12.5% regardless of range
BALLISTIC SHIELDS – EXPLOSION PROTECTION
- Shields bearers are now affected by the Guard Break when hit by an explosion.
- Operators protected behind a shield bearer are no longer taking full explosion damage.
- Shield explosion protection lowered to 66% (from 80%).
The following Operators: Montagne, Blitz, Fuze and Clash will protect any player (hostiles included) from an explosion if the shield bearer is standing between them and the explosion.
It’s important to add that players standing behind a shield will suffer proportionally to how exposed their body is to the explosion. Additionally, shields will still be protecting Operators even if stored on characters’ backs.
“The Guard Break animation will be proportional to the damage inflicted to the Shield (not to the Operator) and will only be triggered if a minimum of 50 damage is received. The greater the damage the more important the guard break animation will be. (up to 100 damage).
Melee damage, concussion effects as well as the Sonic Burst will trigger the guard break to the highest degree, while Electric damage (Clash’s CCE Shield) will only trigger the lowest guard break animation.
Additionally, the rotation speed of the shielded Operator will be reduced during the animation and instead of folding his Extendable shield, Montagne now as a guard break animation. Explosions will now also trigger the Guard Break mechanism and offer a window of opportunity to damage shield bearers.
We are aware that shields are often a source of frustration, and we hope that the new guard break mechanism will improve this aspect. Our goal is also to improve teamwork and find new interesting ways to play with a shield and for the benefit of your team.”
Some small gameplay update includes:
- Changes to defuser interaction to allow players to still pick up the defuser even in situations where it might have originally been inaccessible due to falling into difficult to reach spaces.
- Testing new ping sounds for gadgets and drones.
- Improvements to the chat filter feedback system.
The new interaction with Shield Operators overall seems like a great improvement, as they were a massive cause of frustrations in the Siege community. The Y5S3.3 patch will go live on the PC Test Servers at 1:30 PM EDT, so make sure to try out all the new changes and provide feedback to Ubisoft on r6fix or their subreddit.