The newly introduced map-ban system in Rainbow Six Siege has not been working as intended, and the developers already addressed this issue in their latest Top Issues blog.
“We are currently investigating an issue with the random selection of the two remaining maps during the map ban flow. We have verified that the map on the left of the interface is always selected. We have already started working on a fix,“ stated Ubisoft on their website.
And now with the Y5S3.2 patch, Ubisoft has finally mitigated this issue, along with “ensuring all maps are properly randomized to show up in the map-ban phase.”
Siege’s new patch will be dropping live tonight at 14:00 UTC for PC, and for consoles, the Y5S3.2 and Y5S3.3 updates will be bundled together and released when the 3.2 patch is ready
Check out the full patch notes down below (via Ubisoft):
- FIXED – If a deployable shield is placed in a doorway, players are sometimes blocked by the doorframe when trying to vault over it.
- FIXED – Yellow Pings were not displayed in Replay Mode.
- FIXED – Only the first Trax Stinger deployed could be targeted by the Smart Ping feature.
- FIXED – Frost’s Welcome Mats becoming invisible when Frost was killed under certain conditions.
- FIXED – Spas-15 and Bearing-9 reload animations have to be entirely restarted when the reloading was interrupted.
- FIXED – Missing burn/fire SFX for smaller explosions that accompany an explosion.
- FIXED – Missing or incorrect interaction prompts for Zero’s Piercing Camera crosshair when aiming at certain map assets/surfaces.
- FIXED – When aiming through see-through + unbreakable glass, Zero’s Argus Launcher does not detect an obstacle.
- FIXED – Zero’s Piercing Camera is not piercing through the destructible floor on the carpet in 2F Gym of Clubhouse.
- FIXED – The Argus Camera activation SFX can be heard when deployed on an electrified wall.
- FIXED – The Argus Camera can sometimes pierce through other gadgets on the other side of a wall.
- FIXED – The Argus Camera cannot pierce through the rug in 1F Great Room.
- FIXED – When affected by a Breach Charge detonation, Clash’s Shield is automatically placed on her back.
- FIXED – Speed penalty does not gradually wane after being affected by Clash’s CCE shield.
- FIXED – Fix for an issue with weapon swapping when Clash’s CCE shield is deployed.
- FIXED – Missing fall damage for Nomad when jumping/vaulting from an elevated location (hotfixed on PC on Oct 1st).
- FIXED – Fuse SFX for Secondary Hard Breach gadget is too long.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various clipping issues on maps.
- FIXED – The vault prompt at the stairway railings (1F Fireplace) was inconsistent and difficult to activate on Chalet.
- FIXED – Vault prompt inconsistencies in stairway railings (1F Gaming Room Hallway and 2F Library Stairs) on Chalet.
- FIXED – Defenders were able to scan Attackers through trees and rocks from EXT Campfire camera on Chalet.
- FIXED – Navigation issues due to rock collision in EXT Snowmobiles on Chalet.
- FIXED – Drones can fall through the map at EXT Front Yard of Chalet.
- FIXED – Drones can teleport into the shelf at B Storage room on Chalet by forcing collision.
- FIXED – Low lighting inside the wardrobe of 2F Master Bedroom of Chalet after breaking the doors.
- FIXED – Throwable gadgets could be thrown through walls above certain windows on Border.
- FIXED – Yellow Pings do not appear immediately when targeting TVs on Clubhouse.
- FIXED – Valkyrie cam can be thrown through the wall in 2F Hallway on Coastline.
- FIXED – In map ban phase, system always bans the map on the right when there are two maps left.
- FIXED – Ensuring all maps are properly randomized to show up in the map-ban phase.
- FIXED – Crashes when using Vulkan (hotfixed on PC on Oct 1st)
- FIXED – Various shop/cosmetic issues.
- FIXED – Various HUD/UI issues.
- FIXED – Reload prompt still appears even when interface preference is disabled.
- FIXED – Steel Wave Champions charm is very, very pink.
- FIXED – Players getting expired/older in-game notifications and pop-ups.
- FIXED – Players’ online ID are cut off in text-chat.
- FIXED – User nicknames were not entirely displayed when using the text chat in certain conditions.
- FIXED – Banned players could hit the “Find another Match” button, causing odd in-game messages.
- FIXED – Custom color sights were not applied in Replay Mode.